-JOS LEDUC

-RON GARVIN

And with international stars like

-BRET HART

-THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS

-THE BRITISH BULLDOGS

AND SO MUCH MORE!

More details coming soon!

There always was a debate about who was truly the star between Dino Bravo and Rick Martel in Lutte Internationale back then. Majority said it was Rick because he also was AWA World Champion around that time but people don't realize how over Dino was in Montreal. Their rivalry was quite legit, despite both being babyfaces at the time.

When Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling was raided in the mid-80's by Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation, it meant the end of a golden age of professional wrestling in the province of Quebec. With its top stars gone for greener pastures in Stamford, despite securing a partnership with World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico, Gino Brito found himself in the obligation to close the doors of Lutte Internationale. For many years, the province was starving and could only rely in local upstarts, looking to fill the void that Lutte Internationale had left. However, on a Monday morning, the former head booker of Lutte and member of Varoussac Promotions received a phone call suggesting an offer that he couldn't refuse; a chance to see Lutte rise from its ashes with all of their top stars. But who was at the other end of the line? You wouldn't actually believe it...and neither could Gino Brito!

TO BE CONTINUED.

"Hey baby, how are you doing?"

Gino couldn't believe it; Jimmy Hart was at the other end of the phone line.

Gino: "Jimmy, that's a surprise. What can I do for you?"

Jimmy: "Well, you probably heard that Vince is doing some shows in the Northeast with Jerry Jarrett."

Gino: "So, I heard. I'm sure you and your guys are gonna have a blast."

Jimmy: "Well, that's the thing, baby, I'm not booked."

Gino: "Wait, what? You're not booked. With all the things you did in Memphis with Jerry Lawler?"

Jimmy: "I know for some reasons, Vince chose some guys. And a lot of the other guys were left in the cold."

Gino: "Wow, sorry to hear that."

Jimmy: "Well, all the guys that Vince raided from you in the mid-80's; they're among them. They're not booked either."

Gino: "OK, but why are you telling me this?"

Jimmy: "Because, I think that with everything Dino, the Rougeaus and Rick told me, Vince robbed you of your living. Montreal was such a great territory with the best reputation you could ever have. I think you should have another shot, baby."

Gino: "Get to the point, Jimmy."

Jimmy: "Dino, Jacques, Raymond, Rick....everyone, they wanna stick it to McMahon. They wanna come back and blow the roof out of the Forum. They really wanna do this."

Gino: "Well, that's all good, Jimmy, but I'm gonna need more than 4 guys."

Jimmy: "Just give me a couple of days to convince you, baby. I'm gonna find some other guys and we're gonna get this thing going."

Gino: "OK but ----"

Jimmy Hart hung up before Gino could even complete his sentence. Gino had that weird feeling in his gut. He didn't know what it was. It certainly wasn't distrust because Jimmy Hart never had that reputation in the business, period. Maybe it was the chance to finish what his father Jack Britton had started decades ago. What the likes of Eddy Auger & Yvon Robert had done before him. Resurrecting pro wrestling in Montreal.

TO BE CONTINUED

• 1 month later...

So a few weeks passed by before Gino Brito heard anything from Jimmy Hart. Finally, the phone rang again and it was Jimmy.

Jimmy: "Gino, baby, it's me!"

Gino: "Hey, Jimmy, hadn't heard from you for a while. What took you so long?"

Jimmy: "Well, you know, tying some loose ends together and some unexpected stuff came up so I took the time to settle this.""

Gino: "When you say unexpected, it's good or bad?"

Jimmy: "Oh, it's real good, baby. You won't believe who approached me when he heard about our project."

Gino: "Who?"

Jimmy: "Bret Hart himself!"

Gino: "Wow! That's great news, Jimmy"

Jimmy: "Sure is, baby. He said he was interested and he spoke to Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith and they wanna be part of it."

Gino: "Well, that's fine and everything but we both know there is some bad blood between the Rougeaus and the Bulldogs. I don't want this to blow up in my face."

Jimmy: "Water under the bridge, my friend. They assured me that everything would go right."

Gino: "Well, if you say so...."

Jimmy: "Look, I can also speak to a couple of other guys. Ronnie Garvin & The Fabulous Freebirds are even willing to be in this thing. Can you imagine how big Montreal can be again with those names, coupled with your local stars? You gonna stick it to Vince, baby!"

Gino: "Yeah, sure...."

Jimmy: "Give me a couple of extra days to finalize everything to find a couple of other guys. I'm sure you're looking to find some on your side yourself. We'll call a press conference next week to make an official announcement. How does that sound?"

Gino: "OK then. We'll talk later."

Just like the first time, Gino hung up with a weird feeling that something just wasn't right. Sure, what Jimmy had said that Dino Bravo, Rick Martel & the Rougeaus were interested into sticking to Vince was true; they had confirmed this to Gino via phone themselves. But still, Gino couldn't put his finger exactly on why Jimmy Hart was so eager to do something like that. Maybe the whole Bulldogs thing was eating at him a bit, fearing the worst. But deep inside, Gino knew he still wanted this to become a reality. He didn't know if he had made a deal with the devil yet but he would soon find out.