Pro Wrestling Only

Peace out Tom Zenk

Mr. Lacelle

RIP. One of my favorite wrestlers back in 1989 when I first got into wrestling beyond just seeing it on TV from time to time when my dad was watching, he debuted at the Fall Brawl Clash where Flair got the bag put on his head. Imagine my surprise the first time I rented WM3 and he was getting a tag win in the opener having never known he'd been in the WWF, let alone a likely tag champion had he stayed around.

My first favourite wrestler as a kid, still in my top 3 to this day. Really sad news, seems like he's been dead for a week before this news broke. Great tag team worker, not just with Martel, but also paired up nicely with Pillman, Kroffat, Johnny Gunn, plus a he had a choice match in AJPW teaming with Jim Brunzell against the Fantastics. I'll be sporting my Zenk shirt with pride this week

I always dug the Z-Man when I was a kid. I did not discover his previous WWF work with Martel until my adult years when I began tape trading but I really enjoyed that stuff as well. In WCW his tagteam with Pillman I thought was very underrated, and his TV title run was good, he had awesome matches with Arn Anderson. Lets also not forget he did something hardly any guys in the business can do, once he got out he literally got out & stayed out of the public forum which as a former 13 year worker myself I can appreciate. RIP Mr. Zenk, I really wish we would have gotten a shoot interview from him... God Bless