Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-15-BJW] Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Zandig & Jun Kasai (Barbed Wire Boards Death)

soup23

Good house show death match. I don’t know why Zandig is easier to digest in Japan than in CZW but with the ego not being stroked, he is a lot more enjoyable. Honma continues to stake a claim as one of the better workers of the year including a neat spot where he was in a superplex position and knocked lose some light tubes from the ceiling to use later. Overall, pretty smart work and some decent weapon usage made this and enjoyable watch. ***1/4 (6.3)

This wasn't bad... I was expecting to dislike this, but it was way better than I thought. I'm not too fond of these CZW guys, but the BJW crew have really made them shine with their crazy bumping and selling -- namely the BJ Jacks. The light tube spot on the superplex was neat, although that may not have been planed. Despite being a smaller show match, it was well worked and the crowd was kept engaged namely near the end.

Decent stuff.

• 6 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-10-15-BJW] Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Zandig & Jun Kasai (Barbed Wire Boards Death Match)
  • 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-10-15-BJW] Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Zandig & Jun Kasai (Barbed Wire Boards Death)