Pro Wrestling Only

RVD & Sabu arrested for drug possession

Loss

It looks like RVD is getting a whopping 30 day suspension and a storyline set up for his return as his punishment. He won't even miss a PPV payoff. Could WWE have been any more lenient?

Guest Big Papi

It looks like RVD is getting a whopping 30 day suspension and a storyline set up for his return as his punishment. He won't even miss a PPV payoff. Could WWE have been any more lenient?

30 days pending the outcome of the investigation. I would assume if he get's in some serious legal problems that 30 days could jump to months or even dismissal.

He got caught with some pot, it's not like he killed somebody. What should they have done to him? According to the statutes in Ohio, he can probably plead out and get a whopping $100 fine.

This isn't that big a deal from a legal standpoint, it's impact from a moral standpoint is debatable, and it's impact from a PR standpoint is minimal.

I can't see Vince complaining about bad PR from this, when this past week he had simulated oral sex on his show, and last week people getting covered in shit.

What's he going to say...that RVD and Sabu sullied the WWE's image?

Guest Primo Matarazzo

I knew RVD would get off light. He must've put in a call to Jimmy Snuka for advice. Anyone know the status of Sabu, however?

The problem is that the world champion was arrested for drug possession when the company is trying to get this whole wellness gimmick over to the public. Say what you will about whether it's that big of a deal to smoke pot, but that's not really the issue, is it? Vince would be just as in the right to fire him as he would be to give him a slap on the wrist.

Bryan Alvarez is reporting that no action has been taken against Sabu yet and he may have dodged a bullet.

Thread Killer, I was just a bit shocked how short his suspension was. A little consistency in punishments would be nice too. Even though they've got a written policy, the rules do seem to be adapted in an ad hoc manner depending on the circumstances.

From WWE.com:

"World Wrestling Entertainment earlier this week announced it was investigating five violations, including drug possession, levied against Rob Van Dam and Sabu by the Ohio State Highway Patrol. WWE announced today that based on information gathered over the past few days, Van Dam has been suspended without pay for 30 days and Sabu has been fined $1000. These actions are consistent with the Wellness Policy at WWE."

Guest Cam Chaos

RVD really should get a cannabis club card to avoid all this shit in the future. Works for Joe Rogan.

I'm guessing Sabu's pills were pain killers/somas but not prescription so that's why he's got fined and not suspended.