Pro Wrestling Only

MLW Fusion, anyone watching it?

sek69

So WWE has settled with MLW, because that's how US "justice" works, the rich people just pay so the shit goes away and even worse shit don't see the light of day. So now Court Bauer has some spare change to get Matt Riddle to show up. Somewhere, William Corgan is probably jealous of the entire thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Striker saying dumb shit about Matt Riddle just to be a edgelord heel is so Matt Striker. 

I watched a littlebit here and there of the latest stuff. MLW is just an odd-ass promotion. They have some cool partnership with CMLL and NJPW, they are doing some kinda ironic take on old-school 80's wrestling with the WTF stable, they have Salina who is still tons of fun, they do lots of garbage stuff and comedy. Some good talent and some very subpar talent too. It feels they kinda are what the NWA tries to be. Well, I'm sure Corgan would want Matt Striker after this one anyway.

19 minutes ago, Laz said:

It's funny, because Deadlock Pro, a company started by Twitch streamers that specialized in presenting the goofiest wrestling video game matches they could think of, feels like what MLW should have been.

Personally my feeling is that MLW should fully commit to the "real sports league" angle they already somewhat use. Vague references to "league officials" are fine and weight classes are a solid touch they could go even harder with a ranking system (occasionally mentioning PWI's is nice but I mean create their own) time limits displayed on a Fox Box and intruding a  round robin tournament like all the major sports leagues do. Maybe call it the "MLW Grand Prix".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the full card for Once Upon a time in New York.

Matt Riddle vs Davey Boy Smith Jr w/Saint Laurent

MLW World Heavyweight Champion Satoshi Kojima, Okumura & Alex Kane vs World Titan Federation (Tom Lawler, Richard Holiday & Josh Bishop) w/Saint Laurent

AJ Francis w/Saint Laurent vs Mr Thomas

Magnus w/Caesar Duran vs Star Jr w/Salina de la Renta

Delmi Exo vs Zayda w/Saint Laurent 

Bad Dude Tito w/Salina de la Renta vs Azteca 66

6 Man Scramble.

Brett Ryan Gosselinvs vs Love, Doug vs Ichiban vs Marcus Mathews vs Dylan McCay vs Cannonball

• 2 weeks later...

The idea  Court Bauer would spend some of that settlement money to get Mauro Ranallo is so funny to me (aside from the fact that it would insure the guy would not risk ruining a product I actually enjoy, which is a good thing, so please do). The whole thing about Ranallo is calling epic matches in the most epic way possible (for better or worse). Except there's not a company less epic than MLW this side of Corgan's NWA. Lately only Mistico vs Rocky Romero (which is a CMLL match) and Kojima vs Suzuki (which is a NJPW match) have been really good. Usually the rest of the card is still underdeliver city. 

Gotta say, Matt Striker not getting booked anymore after making a really stupid edgy comment about Matt Riddle is the most Matt Striker thing ever. I still would rather have him than Mauro though (his replacement has been quite competent, but Striker idiotic edgy shit fit the product quite well actually, and with Cesar Duran around, that added to the "Hey, 'member Lucha Underground ? Well, we're not quite the same at all" vibe).