Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-16-NJPW-G1 Climax 28] Minoru Suzuki vs Togi Makabe

MoeTWrestling

An absolute slugfest of a match. Enjoyed this one a little bit more than their Anniversary match. Kinda similar to Suzuki's Tanahashi match on Day 1 with Suzuki dominating most of the match only to be on the losing end. The last 5 minutes were great with them trading strikes and Makabe has been really great so far, a lot better than past years. Super fun match ***3/4

On par with their Anniversary show match, but once again this didn't hit the level I had hoped it would hit. Very fun match though with lots of brawling in and outside of the ring which was perfect for these two grumpy grandpas. Suzuki unfortunately suffers another loss which is very interesting to me, ***3/4.

Man, this worked out just right. Could complain that too many bones were thrown but, they were using them like punches in the States. So, it worked really really well. Being a Makabe fan helps :)

He gave an insightful (and funny) interview/promo after night one's fight. Its after Yoshi-Hashi's bit. I think its his overarching psychology for the round robin and plays into this fight.

I pulling for Makabe to win the whole thing :)

Edit: Found interview from Night 2 from Suzuki & Makabe. Man I'm going to rewatch the match based on this.

And the aftermath of the match. Make sure close captions are on unless you understand Japanese

This was my favorite match of night 3, and I did not expect the Makabe win, though I like them setting up Suzuki as a dangerous, cornered animal for the rest of the tourney. Makabe normally doesn't do a ton for me, but he works in a match-up of old lunatics with no regard for the crowd, the ref or anybody else. Suzuki has been the best guy in the G1 to date, and they have me interested in the A Block in a way I did not anticipate 

This was a great match, felt like a breath of fresh air coming after two quite generic matches on night three. I loved them just beating on each other right out of the gate, and the stuff on the outside felt very chaotic and violent. It wasn't quite as good as their match at the Anniversary show - I was hoping for another of Suzuki's spectacular dropkicks, and it probably went a little long before Makabe made his comeback - but it was great fun to watch and probably in my top three for the tournament so far alongside Suzuki/Tanahashi and ZSJ/Ibushi.

• Loss changed the title to [2018-07-16-NJPW-G1 Climax 28] Minoru Suzuki vs Togi Makabe
  • 2 weeks later...