Pro Wrestling Only

TNA HAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL CHANGE WRESTLING FOREVER OMG THIS IS AWESOME

Guest Cam Chaos

Having read some of the details of his deal, it seems he's walked away from being paid for the remainder of his contract because he didn't want to drop his painkiller habit, instead accepting a deal for less money in a smaller promotion, has chosen to badmouth the company that gave him every belt they had in a 6 year span and provided him the opportunity to be in Wrestlemania main events, while still wanting to possibly pull double duty by competing MMA in the future while doing pro wrestling.

Seriously, this guy either wants to die or he's on a lot more than just painkillers. I can't understand this at all. His wife is divorcing him while pregnant with his second kid because of his behaviour, he's a physical wreck and he's wanting to risk his long term health for some "legacy"? What kind of shit is that?

I think it would be a really good idea for them to try and buy ad space on WWE programming and play that video package with the Impact time slot added on.  Considering the WWE has no control over ads on USA they might be able to pull it off.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to see McMahon's face if TNA pulled that off!

Vince might just respond by posting Kurt Angle's drug test results on WWE.com, or even making a graphic of them on RAW. TNA/Angle should be careful who they mess with, especially when in this situation, they are the ones in the wrong.

Bryan Alvarez said yesterday on F4D that Angle was so messed up toward the end of his WWE run that the company hired handlers to get him from place to place because he was incapable of getting to arenas on his own. Alvarez said he has received separate e-mails from various people in the company that he's the worst addict there's ever been in WWE.

Angle gave up nearly $500,000 of guaranteed money from WWE to go to TNA. Yet he's supposed to be putting his family first.

Worst drug addict ever in WWE. Ponder that.

Guest DylanWaco

Angle is an idiot, but I can't blame TNA for signing him.  If I was heading a struggiling  wrestling company and one of the five biggest wrestling stars of the decade was willing to come work for me, most likely for way under market value, it would be offer hard to turn him down for some moral reason.  Obviously the whole, "might die on the job" thing should probably have been enough to discourage TNA, but in a business that is based around chewing up and spitting out it's workers Angle is just another guy willing to be used.

Guest Cam Chaos

Worst drug addict ever in WWE. Ponder that.

I think of that, then I think of Jake "The Snake" Roberts tales along the lines of "You'd do coke to get out of bed, uppers and trucker pills to keep you going on the long drives, then after a show hit the bars and find maybe get two, three women... then they'd have some coke and I'd have some coke and we'd talk while we drank... sometimes I'd have to take half a bottle of somas just to get to sleep" and then I am left stunned.

I think of that, then I think of Jake "The Snake" Roberts tales along the lines of "You'd do coke to get out of bed, uppers and trucker pills to keep you going on the long drives, then after a show hit the bars and find maybe get two, three women... then they'd have some coke and I'd have some coke and we'd talk while we drank... sometimes I'd have to take half a bottle of somas just to get to sleep" and then I am left stunned.

Perhaps TNA could go WCW on this situation (a la Scott Hall) and create a storyline around Angle's drug addiction! I'm kidding. Well I sure hope this doesn't happen!

Ah, this story has really reminded me of why I'm so jaded with the net wrestling community.

First we have the jilted WWE fans.  These people were worshipping the ground Angle walked on a mere week ago and calling him the best ever.  These were also the last "r u his doctor?" crowd that was in total denial over his condition.  A mere video later and suddenly Angle's washed up, he was never that good and now it's "omg Angle iz going to die!!!"  The funny thing is if the WWE had brought him back on say Raw they'd be defending the decision under the same crap as before.  It's really sad seeing all the people defending his health suddenly so concerned about him.

Then there are the anti-TNA people.  This is really where I have to wonder if people live in the real world sometimes.  Seeing people try and spin this as a nothing story is hilarious.  Whatever you think about Angle's health, this is the biggest talent move of the decade.  There are also a lot of people in this crowd overly concerned about his health because it's ammon against TNA.  Had he signed RoH a lot of these people would be back to "omg Angle vs. Danielson!!!"

It's nice to know this place is sane even if the wrestling talk has been slow lately.

Guest Cam Chaos

I think that's partially because few of us watch it anymore and those of us who do watch older stuff. TNA delivers on a hit-miss basis and in the WWE for every good match there are 6 bad ones and a bunch of tasteless crap that shouldn't be happening.