Pro Wrestling Only

TNA HAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL CHANGE WRESTLING FOREVER OMG THIS IS AWESOME

Guest savagerulz

While the web reports of Vince Russo taking a role on the TNA booking committee are accurate, PWTorch.com reports that Russo's signing will not be TNA's major announcement on Sunday.

According to the Torch, the announcement planned for the PPV will be far greater in magnitude.

In a likely unrelated story, WrestlingObserver.com reports that Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger are booked for Monday's iMPACT! tapings. Their booking was arranged by Jarrett, not Russo.

The Observer also notes that Spike TV and TNA are very close to reaching a deal for a new timeslot.

I see no reason why they should take a chance on TNA in that spot at this point, considering that their audience is at exactly the same level it was a year ago when they first went on Spike. Their PPV buys are even exactly the same. They've benefitted pretty much not at all from going national and signing Sting and Christian.

I see no reason why they should take a chance on TNA in that spot at this point, considering that their audience is at exactly the same level it was a year ago when they first went on Spike. Their PPV buys are even exactly the same. They've benefitted pretty much not at all from going national and signing Sting and Christian.

The DVD sales has been the main benefit and Lockdown has been the best selling DVD they've had so far.  WM23 is the only DVD with better sales right now.  In general they aren't losing money like they were.  A tour of India would probably put them in the black for this year.

TNA's DVDs tend to sell well in the first week, but sales tend to drop off very quickly afterwards, so I doubt they're making a ton of money off them.  I know they stemmed a lot of the bleeding by moving from FSN to Spike TV, but my gut feeling is they're still losing a ton of money.  You don't bring in a hotshot booker like Russo unless you're really desperate and need to turn around business in short order.

I'm suspecting that this is a swerve and they'll bring Russo out to make the real announcement.

Wouldn't it be funny if Russo stripped all the champions and started to have tournments for the belts on tv.

3 months to heal plus a very light schedule is stupid?

In short, yes.

To expand, 3 months is not nearly enough for the injuries he had to heal, he shouldn't be working any schedule no matter how light, and (if Meltzer was right about his non-compete going to Feb 2007) gave up a shit load of money to risk his life for TNA.

Well I don't know how badly injured he really is, I've heard various reports, but it's Angle's decision to come back. I'm sure he understands the consequences of wrestling in his condition.

Well despite the torn groin and abdominal muscles he suffered in his last WWE match, there's also his neck which is in such bad shape he gets occaisonal bouts of numbness in his extremites. He dropped RVD on his head because of it, which is something to consider if he gets in the ring with someone like Samoa Joe.

I also don't really think he fully understands the consequences either. Look at his website, he credits TNA with "saving his life". That's not someone who has a strong grasp of what's going on. He's got a severe drug addiction, and he's now working for a company that has no testing whatsoever and seems to make a point of hiring people who get fired for drug reasons.

I mean, think about it: in the past, Vince McMahon has employed guys with known drug issues like Roddy Piper, Kerry Von Erich, Brian Pillman, Eddie Guerrero, William Regal, and most of the 80s lockerroom, yet it was Kurt who got the "yeah, you got to go" treatment. It's like Keith Richards telling someone he can't party with him because he does too many drugs.

Guest Cam Chaos

This dude has a fused neck, suffers from muscular atrophy and nerve damage and in his last match tore his groin, his calf muscle and his abs. The dude is addicted to pain killers and got fired from a company where the boss apparently walks around jacked up on steroids and Vicodin himself most of the time. This dude is fucking stupid.

Angle failed a drug test earlier this year. He was calling Johnny Ace and Vince McMahon 10-20 times a day before his release and leaving incoherent, babbling messages on their voice mail. He was confronted and asked to seek help. He refused. He was fired. He's nowhere near ready to be wrestling again. He probably should have just retired anyway.

Yeah, I'm with the Loss/Sek/Cam side of things. Angle should've just retired, allowed his body to heal, and spent time with his family fully (isn't he and his wife getting back together?). The dude's competitive, and that's why he's going to TNA, but there's a time when you need to step back and look at the big picture more, for your sake and your family's sake. On top of that, if Angle breaks the no-compete clause, he's giving up some guaranteed money that he would've received had he just sat back and chilled. Kurt, you've had what many would call a fun and successful career, but it's time to move on.

Guest Cam Chaos

Angle's probably got a fair amount of dough stashed up, dude should start up an Olympic affiliated training gym and be the head coach if he wants to stay active and contribute to the sport that has allowed him to make the money he has got over the years. He has nothing left to accomplish in amateur or pro wrestling, he's 38 and has two kids he needs to be there for. If he wants to swan around trying to build on a legacy that's already unrivaled in the time span he accomplished it, the dude is fucking out of his gourd. If he takes Samoa Joe's musclebuster or a few Jarrett guitar shots he will likely end up paralysed simply because his body's been weakened so much from the sustained abuse it has taken rather than because those shots would seriously injure any fit wrestler. TNA are fucking disgusting too. Kurt's either going to be the next Spicolli or Dynamite Kid.

I really think whatever happens is on Angle.  I know it's easy to get mad at TNA over this but he was getting offers from the UFC, Pride, K-1, RoH and probably a dozen other companies.  Had TNA not offered him a job he would've just gone one spot down that list and ended up somewhere else. 

I think it's a no win situation for the wrestling business.  He's going to end up a cripple like a lot of other guys and just be another stat for the sleaze in the business.  But at the same time had the industry completely blackballed him I think he might've killed himself.