Pro Wrestling Only

15 Smackdown Matches To See Before You Die

Love this as a topic and love your list as well. Like you, in the late 2000s Smackdown as my go to for some great wrestling but without all the pressure to be the 'A show' that RAW seemed to have.

I will absolutely endorse the Rey vs Morrison IC Title match as something everyone should check out, just a superb match. A few little favourites of mine that I think people would enjoy checking out:

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio (April 2004) - this is right after Wrestlemania 20, and before Eddie thought he couldn't carry the title and before him and Rey had their ultra personal feud the next year. Just a great face vs face match with a superb flow.

World's Greatest Tag Team vs Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman (August 2003) - yet another Rey match - he really was a Smackdown MVP - and the sequel to their tag team title match at Vengeance a couple of weeks before this. Rey and Kidman rarely got to team up in WWE, but as massive Filthy Animals mark from WCW, these guys had ridiculous chemistry as a team. Haas and Benjamin make good bases for them.

Undertaker vs John Cena (June 2004) - coming a year after they feuded when Cena was a heel and Taker was still in biker mode, this is a great match that I never hear get any praise, probably due to it being in the time frame when JBL was becoming the face of Smackdown and the show's undercard was serioulsy weak. This was also during the time when Cena was feuding with Ironside Kurt Angle as a heel GM and Taker was being controlled by Paul Heyman or something. Forgettable build up, but a fun match that is great because it's worked so simply.

Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss (November 2016) - this is from Glasgow which gives it a cool vibe, and is in my opinion the best match the two had. Becky carries herself like the champion that she's finally being allowed to be now in 2018 while Bliss is great at trying to take constant shortcuts. A match where the two wrestle it in the style of their personalities if that makes sense. 

• 1 month later...

I honest to god think that Rey/Eddie match might be the best match in WWF/E history. I love every single thing about it and Eddie’s performance is about as good as any I’ve ever seen. The moment he drops his nice guy charade and just shoves Rey off the turnbuckle is one of my favourite spots ever. I want to watch it again right now. 

Their match from March the previous year is pretty awesome as well. Pretty much every time they matched up, and a lot of the time they did it on Smackdown, you were getting something money. My all-time favourite wrestling pairing.