Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-10-28-WWE-Evolution] Becky Lynch vs Charlotte (Last Woman Standing)

paul sosnowski

Tl;dr: a very good match, with an awful referee work.

These two finally gave us the match we all knew they could have, and in a big way. All the spots came naturally, as they made sure it was a personal fight. I was so convinced Charlotte was gonna win, specially after her big comeback after being buried, that the actual result of the match put the biggest of my smiles on my face. Becky deserved to win this feud soooo much, I love it. Yeah, the referee stuff was terrible and cut my disbelief a couple of times, without all of that bullshit it could've been a great match instead of a very good one, but still highly recommended. All hail to the new queen. ***1/2

Pretty much all the tropes of last man standing matches. Tendency to no sell a bit too much but mostly this was a pretty good match with loads of nutty bumps. Loved the incorporation of the weapons, really added to the match and gave this feeling of brutality. Really enjoyed that match. Don't really like the stipulation but they made it work and turned out to be a very good match. I give Charlotte loads of grief but she took some nasty bumps so credit to her. ***½

I want to say this match was great but there's just too much goofy stuff going on here. It was clearly at it best when these two went straight at each other but then something goofy like the tossing of chairs into the ring or Becky trying to walk off in a LWS match would hurt the momentum. Charlotte has been terrible this year but she actually did come through here, mostly because she took a bunch of incredibly nasty bumps. Irregardless of the new floor mats, the powerbomb to the floor bump at the finish had to suck. I didn't care for Becky's inconsistent character work, is she suppose to be a badass that disregards the rules or a coward who cheats to get by, that seemed to change every few minutes. Still, as a whole, the match was entertaining but if they just cut out the dopey stuff they would have had something special. ***1/2 

Yeah I really loved this. Thought the offense looked great on both sides but the real highlight for me was Charlotte's bumping. That lady came to work and to make Becky look like a star. From all the bumps through the tables, the chairs, and that wild finish. Becky is everyone's favorite for good reason but Charlotte really came out of this looking great for me personally. I loved the brutality of her chops when Becky tried to run. I love that she refused to let the table get the better of her and did a freaking Swanton just to get it right. Yes the refereeing was annoying and it did take away from the match. But otherwise, I thought this was really great and easily MOTN.

****1/4

That's a great point I forgot to talk about, SmartMark. Charlotte really was giving everything she had to make Becky even a bigger star, she tooked the heaviest bumps, se was dominated almost all the time... She really learnt from his father how to make your opponent to look great. All the credits for her.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-10-28-WWE-Evolution] Becky Lynch vs Charlotte (Last Woman Standing)