Pro Wrestling Only

Scooter at it Again

Strummer

From his Blog:

It’ll probably open the show, and I don’t get why everyone thinks MVP is winning the belt here. Benoit has been the midcard goto guy for months now as US champion, and I don’t see any reason why they would take the title off him here. Benoit by submission, should be decent, but then I thought that about Benoit v. JBL last year and he couldn’t pull of a miracle there, so who knows.

It's been 3 years (3 years!!!) Scott since JBL beat Eddy for the title. 3 years and you still can't forgive him. I like how he implies JBL is a worthless worker that can only have a good match if a "miracle" happens. Scoot Keith criticizes Vince McMahon for holding grudges while he himself constantly takes shots at JBL because he beat one of his favorite wrestlers in a worked wrestling match. This is a new level of cluelessness for Keith.

JBL's hit and miss for people. Some people think he sucks and some really like him so I don't think it's fair to say Keith is holding a grudge. He just doesn't like his wrestling.

Personally, I can see why people like and don't like JBL's wrestling. I would say he can be good and is certainly capable of being in a great match but he's also inconsistant and has visible weaknesses in the ring.

I don't think you realize the incredible and irrational hate boner Keith had for JBL during his title run. Long after even the most ardent critic had to admit that JBL came into his own as champ, Keith was still raging against the machine. All basically because he beat one of Scoot's favorites for the belt.

Maybe this would make it clearer: he was madder that Eddie lost to JBL than the fact than he was concerned about the issuses that forced WWE to take the belt off him in the first place.

Guest teke184

I don't think you realize the incredible and irrational hate boner Keith had for JBL during his title run. Long after even the most ardent critic had to admit that JBL came into his own as champ, Keith was still raging against the machine. All basically because he beat one of Scoot's favorites for the belt.

Maybe this would make it clearer: he was madder that Eddie lost to JBL than the fact than he was concerned about the issuses that forced WWE to take the belt off him in the first place.

The way I look at it is that JBL is Hogan-like in a way...

Not that he can draw a shitload of money, but that he's a wrestler who has a character that is so strong that it overcomes his obvious shortcomings in the ring.

JBL's "JR Ewing" persona is a heat-machine, no matter how cheap some of it is. No matter what he does, he gets a reaction from the regular fans and the "smarks".

I think that most "smarks" would have been willing to give him an easier time of things if his asshole persona wasn't known to be the REAL JBL off-screen and if he hadn't completely worn out his welcome by being in the company nearly 9 years before becoming a positive to the company.

(The APA stuff was nice, but not great. The problem was that he was in a rut for the vast majority of his run with the company, up until he cut his hair and adapted the JBL persona after Farooq was canned. If he'd shown that kind of life in 2002, when he and Austin were eating up so much TV time on RAW against the NWO in the early days of the Brand Extension, the JBL-hate wouldn't have been so firmly in place when he faced Eddie in 2003.)

It's SKeith. Why do people bother?

John

Because a frightening amount of people who post on basically every other wrestling board but this one base their opinions on his rants. The bullshit he makes up ends up being accepted as fact by people who just assume he's an expert because he's reviewed like every US PPV of the last 20 years. These people tend to be the ones you end up bashing your head into a brick wall over because they fight you to the death and it's obvious they have no opinions of their own.

It's SKeith. Why do people bother?

John

Because a frightening amount of people who post on basically every other wrestling board but this one base their opinions on his rants. The bullshit he makes up ends up being accepted as fact by people who just assume he's an expert because he's reviewed like every US PPV of the last 20 years. These people tend to be the ones you end up bashing your head into a brick wall over because they fight you to the death and it's obvious they have no opinions of their own.

I think that's really faded away the last couple of years, as Keith has been doing just his own blog for the most part, and whatever webpage he writes for (insidepulse, right?) isn't exactly roaring in popularity right now. The last Keith review I ever saw discussed and debated heavily was WrestleMania XX (for a show) and Eddy-JBL JD '04 (for a match). That feels like ancient history now. Even TSM hardly brings the guy up. The guy's moreless a thing of the past.

I think that's really faded away the last couple of years, as Keith has been doing just his own blog for the most part, and whatever webpage he writes for (insidepulse, right?) isn't exactly roaring in popularity right now. The last Keith review I ever saw discussed and debated heavily was WrestleMania XX (for a show) and Eddy-JBL JD '04 (for a match). That feels like ancient history now. Even TSM hardly brings the guy up. The guy's moreless a thing of the past.

The only place I really ever see his name come up anymore is the ROH board, whenever the quarterly Joe/Kobashi = Overrated subject comes up and some nitwit uses his ***** rating of the match to justify the praise.