Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/10 - 12/16 Our ENVIRONMENT MINISTER is a global warming denier lol

KawadaSmile

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

It seems like everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room a bit. Smackdown is proving it's possible to have a good show that runs 52 weeks a year, but RAW spent the last 3+ years establishing that Roman is the only star on the show (other than Brock when he's around). Everyone else existed to put him over, so when he suddenly is out for the forseeable future, RAW's left with little more than a roster full of guys fimly established as second tier. 

Maybe this is being pedantic of me or I’m overlooking your general point, but just because Smackdown produces a good show now doesn’t mean that it’s been (or can be) consistently good all year, so nothing has really been proven.

The Owens/Zayn vs Shane feud wasn’t all that well received for example, and that dominated television at the start of the year.

2017 gave us Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion.

And going even further back, the initial period on Smackdown after the brand split was good stuff, but it went to shit quickly after the first superstar shakeup. 

And before that, Smackdown was an absolute afterthought.

I’ll give you that this year, Smackdown has produced far better and more compelling television than Raw on a more consistent basis, absolutely. To be say that Smackdown is proving its possible to have a good show that runs 52 weeks per year isn’t strictly true though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smackdown wasn't built almost exclusively around one person for several years is my point. Most of their down periods coincide with times where they do roster shakeups and invaribly SD gets boned until they build up the people they get to mean something. For years Raw was the Roman Reigns Show Starring Roman Reigns, to the point where guys were only being built to be fed to him. There's nothing wrong with that in theory, but they not only put all their eggs in one basket they stacked the chickens in the basket too.