Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-02-22-CMLL-Super Viernes] Titan vs El Barbaro Cavernario

paul sosnowski

• GSR changed the title to [2019-02-22-CMLL-Super Viernes] Titan vs El Barbaro Cavernario

Insanely fun match and a big win for Titan. One of the more underrated luchador talents right now on the level of someone like Dragon Lee. The match was what you would expect with Titan going crazy with his athleticism and Cavernario brutalizing Titan with his own great offense. The finish was a little out of place yet I still think it was great to see Titan pick up the win with a lucha submission pin combo out of nowhere, ****1/4.

I love Titan's weird finish thing. He does a leglock and armbar and then a pin all at once. He first did it against Triton in a cool lightning match this December, I think. Also thought the cradle that he won the second fall with was nice and a smart touch after being basically dominated by the caveman up to that point. I think Titan pays more mind to submissions and flashy pinning combos than most CMLL wrestlers, so he's been one of my favorites for the past year or so. He also gets in a kickboxing stance early in most of his matches, so he's basically a shooter as far as I'm concerned. The caveman was also great in this match. Some great offense and big bumps from both sides.

Fantastic lucha~!

Everything you want in Wrestling. Big spot. Great flow. Two awesome performances. Had it all. The caveman had another strong showing and Titán matches him all the way. Cavernario has an uncanny ability to make everything he does look impactful but graceful too. Titán was a neat underdog too. The urgency in his comebacks, the little tricks he has under his sleaves. The match worked between the falls really well. Even the first fall, which didn't last long built into the second fall superbly. The final fall was pretty epic too. Really loved everything that happened. The counters, the risks they took. Even Titán countering the splash that Cavernario used to pin him in the first fall. It all clicked for me - great stuff. ****1/2

• 1 month later...

Barbaro makes quick work of Titan to get the first fall. Then in the 2nd fall, he delivers a vicious beatdown to Titan throughout, but Titan makes a wonderful comeback to even things out. The first two falls were already great, but then in the 3rd one, they go all out; Titan is a house of fire to start it off, and there's plenty of awesomely impactful & vicious looking dives. Barbaro in particular makes everything look nasty from suplexes to dropkicks to those aforementioned DIVES. His cutoffs of Titan's offense bursts were great. So was the match overall. ****