Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-03-10-WWE-Fastlane] Daniel Bryan vs Kevin Owens vs Mustafa Ali

paul sosnowski

This was a great three way dance. Just great spotfest action, with some great bursts of 1-on-1 action, especially by Bryan, in between the big spots. Bryan was great with everything he did, receiving & giving an asskicking, Ali was in his element bumping like a maniac & busting out those gorgeously vicious dives of his & these kind of matches definitely fit Owens' move-set & wrestling style very well. Dat finish! ****

Owens is always great for a bombfest and when you throw in an idiot bumper like Ali (I mean that in the best way possible) and the best in the world Daniel Bryan, you're going to have a really great match. I mean, Bryan is great. We know this. I have talked about it a lot on this forum. But I honestly feel Ali was the star of the show today just for how hard he (literally) throws himself at his performance. The amount of batshit insane bumps he takes in a single match just to win the crowd's sympathy is truly awe inspiring. Not to mention, probably one of the best match finishes all year? Wow. Fantastic stuff. Even Rowan fit in nicely as a dummy to take some cool offense. Great stuff.

• GSR changed the title to [2019-03-10-WWE-Fastlane] Daniel Bryan vs Kevin Owens vs Mustafa Ali

These guys were in a really tough spot considering the bait-and-switch they pulled with Kofi, but the fact they managed to (somewhat) pull the crowd back into their favor is a testament to how good this match really was. Ali continues to take Darby Allin-levels of insane bumps and Owens thrives as the badass babyface fighting off two guys at once. Like the fatal four-way for the U.S. title, a really good spotfest with everyone getting their time to shine.

Ali could died out there after WWE messing with the crowd around with the Kofi stuff, but they saved this sinking ship with a brilliant three way. Ali successfully wins back the crowd with his madman bumping. Owens is a brutish babyface and predictably, Bryan is excellent as the sheepish and calculating environmentalist heel. 

★★★★¼