Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-07-24-NJPW-G1 Climax 29: Night Eight] Jon Moxley vs Shingo Takagi

ShittyLittleBoots

They beat the crap out of each other with lariats, forearms, jabs, knees -- you name it. It's already extremely enjoyable with that, but what put it to that next level was the leg psychology with Moxley being pretty damn vicious & very focused on the attack + Shingo selling very well throughout. Great performances by both resulted in a great match. ****

Everyone's talking about Ishii and Archer (and they should), but right now Jon Moxley is the G1 mvp to me. He brings the best out of his opponents, even the Cobb carryjob was pretty good and underrated. The Taichi squash was as good as it could be with less than 10 minutes, this fight against Shingo was great, and we all know how good the Ishii match is.

From the get go I loved how they worked the DVD on the outside as a counter to one of the shittiest tope's I've ever seen (which is saying something when it comes to Moxley :lol:). This was great, better than Mox vs Ishii to me, basically because it had a ton of shit I love, from the focused work on the leg, to the incredible selling - specially in 2019 - from Shingo, to the , the cutoffs, strikes and the drama at the end. Hell of a match!

Now this was a pretty good match. I knew these two would have good chemistry with each other. The match combined limb work (Moxley attacking the leg of Shingo) with some brawling, which was done well. Moxley using the chair to wack Shingo's knee was awesome - visually nasty. Shingo's selling of his leg was very good and consistent as well. It's nice to see the work on the leg pay off in the finish also. Shingo was great, bringing tons of intensity in his comeback. ***1/2

This was pretty dang great. Lots of violence and hard-hitting action but really intelligent limb work as well. I love how Mox has not only turned up the intensity of his offense, but he's displayed some truly great psychology as well (see the Cobb match). Shingo's selling was great and he still brought the fire as always.

A must-see. ****1/4