Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit misses Vengeance due to family emergency

sek69

From the WO PPV preview:

Chris Benoit vs. C.M. Punk for the ECW title. Earlier today the word was that Benoit had to rush home to Atlanta due to a family emergency and he was not at last night's show in Beaumont. We don't know details of it other than it was touch-and-go if he would be appearing on the show. The last indication we got is that he's expected there but it's not a lock.

Benoit ended up not making the show, so lets hope wildpeg didn't lock Nancy in a closet and greet Chris at the door with one of her dresses on.

Oh man, the feedback on WO makes me want to punch babies in the face:

Now for the major titles, it is infuriating that the WWE takes the one match that could have and should have been the "Match of the Night" and suddenly remove one of the superstars and replace them with Johnny Nitro. Benoit better be on life support or attending a funeral of a loved one because there is no excuse why the WWE fans had to be treated to CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro when everybody was expecting Chris Benoit vs CM Punk. If this is a decision made by WWE simply because they felt it necessary to have a heel as champion of ECW, it was the wrong decision and the wrong heel for the championship.

Yeah, fuck WWE and fuck Benoit for putting his family above a hastily thrown together PPV. I don't think there's one person who wouldn't tell their boss "hey I gotta jet" if something goes down with their family.

Man, as fucked up as the business can be at times (ok, most of the time), I end up hating wrestling fans the most.

If this is a decision made by WWE simply because they felt it necessary to have a heel as champion of ECW, it was the wrong decision and the wrong heel for the championship.

If the WWE did, in fact, want a heel ECW champion, then they're first order of business should have been booking one of the heels to win the qualifying matches on ECW TV. Not too sharp, that one. :rolleyes:

If the WWE did, in fact, want a heel ECW champion, then they're first order of business should have been booking one of the heels to win the qualifying matches on ECW TV. Not too sharp, that one. :rolleyes:

That's one thing I didn't understand: why Nitro? Isn't he still supposed to be in the doghouse for something Melina did? I've heard Burke is injured so that rules him out, but in the end I guess either Montus Brownvon wasn't there or they just plain don't trust the guy with a belt.

Oh man, the feedback on WO makes me want to punch babies in the face:

Now for the major titles, it is infuriating that the WWE takes the one match that could have and should have been the "Match of the Night" and suddenly remove one of the superstars and replace them with Johnny Nitro. Benoit better be on life support or attending a funeral of a loved one because there is no excuse why the WWE fans had to be treated to CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro when everybody was expecting Chris Benoit vs CM Punk. If this is a decision made by WWE simply because they felt it necessary to have a heel as champion of ECW, it was the wrong decision and the wrong heel for the championship.

Yeah, fuck WWE and fuck Benoit for putting his family above a hastily thrown together PPV. I don't think there's one person who wouldn't tell their boss "hey I gotta jet" if something goes down with their family.

Man, as fucked up as the business can be at times (ok, most of the time), I end up hating wrestling fans the most.

Yeah, I really hate this guy right about now. Wonder if he's okay with WWE's choice of ECW champion now.