Pro Wrestling Only

Dr. Phil Astin thread

Bix

Guest teke184

Marty seems more like a booze/coke/weed kind of guy to me than roids, so I'd wager Jindrak just for the WCW-Atlanta connection.

The scripts that he's under indictment for supposedly aren't for steroids...

They're for pain pills.

That's why I said Marty's a possibility.

There are no guarantees that OG is a wrestler.

Ran a quick search, I can tell you the only OG in baseball recently is manager Ozzie Guillen. NBA has Orien Greene of the Indiana Pacers, but that's highly unlikely.

Guest teke184

True, but a lot of conclusions are being made because early reporting said that the police were inspecting the records related to wrestlers who had signed pictures up on Astin's office wall.

Guest teke184

The Feds are officially investigating Dr. Astin's part in the death of Johnny Grunge, as Astin had prescribed a large number of Somas for Grunge shortly before his death.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=20097

DEA investigators are now looking into the death of Chris Benoit's friend, Mike "Johnny Grunge" Durham from 2006. Durham, who first turned Benoit onto Dr. :Phil Astin, died in February of 2006 with a bottle of empty somas next to him. The story is at www.myfoxatlanta.com Astin prescribed Durham a bottle of 120 somas, which was empty next to him when he died. His official cause of death was coronary artery blockage and morbid obesity (he was way North of 400 pounds at the time of his death). He had not have enough Somas or Hydrocodone in his system to kill him, but they are listed as contributing causes of his death.

A friend of mine who's a trainer and a workout fanatic decided conduct an experiment to see just how easy it was to get a hold of steroids/GH/testosterone.

Within seconds he found this site: http://www.forbodybuilders.net/

Anyone need some dianabol or deca durabolin? http://www.forbodybuilders.net/injectable-c-28.html

They go into detail on there how they ship anywhere in the world, even to PO Boxes.

Not to excuse Dr. Astin at all, but trying to get any reasonable handle on steroid distribution seems to be like trying to kill roaches one at a time.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=20137

More names come up in Astin probe

by Dave Meltzer

WAGA-TV in Atlanta has just reported that federal investigators have seized all medical records of Dr. Phil Astin and patients Larry Pfolhl (Lex Luger), Marcus Bagwell, Mark Jindrak, Bob Howard (Bob Holly), Chris Benoit, Nancy Benoit, Mike Durham (Johnny Grunge) and Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio).

The station also reported that M.J. and O.G., the two wrestlers involved in the indictment of overprescribing pain killers were, as speculated, Mark Jindrak and Gutierrez.

Guest teke184

The only surprise on that list to me is Bob Holly.

Not that he's on roids or painkillers, but that he went to that particular doctor.

Maybe he went there because it's a fairly short drive from Birmingham, Alabama, where Dr. James Andrews is. (Holly was there for quite a while after Brock broke his neck in late 2002.)

Guest teke184

Wouldn't Holly have seen Lloyd Youngblood for his neck as opposed to James Andrews?

True, but Holly's had a lot of injuries over the years.

He may have ended up seeing Andrews a different time.

• 10 months later...

Finally...

--Dr. Phil Astin III has been given a 175-count superseding indictment for over prescribing drugs and prescribing drugs without just medical need. All the patients were only given initials, but there are indictments for prescribing drugs to CMB (Christopher Michael Benoit).