Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-10-06-WWE-Hell in a Cell] Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

paul sosnowski

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2019-10-06-WWE-Hell in a Cell] Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

So great. One of the best HIAC matches of modern WWE, with a very intelligent use of the cage and a lot of fire and heat from both horsewomen. Some spots were not as fluid as they could, but the brutality was there anyways. Both worker's facial expressions were great, from Banks' sadism to Lynch's "I'm fucking out" eyes. ****1/4 and the WWE main roster MOTY thus far.

Big match Banks does it again. Not that Lynch was bad, totally the opposite,  but this is the type of situation that Sasha just loves. Tremendous bumper and the just is nasty with her heel work. Also, the fact that both managed to do clever and innovative things in a type of match that has been run to the ground shows how clever they are.

Best match of the night, followed very closely by the tornado tag.

This started off hot with a brief brawl on the outside and kept on being hot through the match. I recently watched the 2015 Becky vs Sasha match and Sasha showed how nasitly she could work over an arm and how adaptable she is in using her surroundings to suit that approach. And she did that again here by slamming Becky’s arm in-between the doors. Sasha hitting meteoras into the ladders and chairs was awesome, too. I’ve not been a fan of Becky for way over a year now with her performances being disappointing every single time but she seemed to have great chemistry with Sasha and she was really great here as a result. Both women really going all in on the big impact spots of the match added a ton to the match as well. The match was really good, even if it was basically a TLC match inside a cage. And I would say the match went on 5 minutes longer than it should’ve but that’s nitpicking. ****

• 2 weeks later...