Pro Wrestling Only

Can-Am Pro Wrestling

SirEdger

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

Sidenote: the reason it took so long to post that show is because with the Open Borders concept, I had been waiting for other writers to volunteer some guys to fill in the slots that I had mentioned in the previous press release. I waited longer than I should've but I wanted to wait as long as possible, in case that some slots would get filled in. But didn't get anything so I scrapped that and went with a re-tooled card.

Might revisit the concept down the road, if the occasions presents itself.

I'd like to apologize, as I should have offered some talent, but I thought since we already did the co-op show, I'd leave the door open for someone else to jump in to get there guys a chance. If I had known nobody had offered anyone I would have jumped in with some talent to fill the rosters.

CAN-AM PRO LIVE AT HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

August 12th, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City

To be distributed on VHS & DVD

The show starts with a backstage promo from Mikey Whipwreck, discussing his match with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas tonight. Everyone is talking about the rumored battle royal to crown the Can-Am Pro Heavyweight Champion 1 week from today in Melbourne, ON and while everyone is sharing their theories about the favorites and everything, Mikey Whipwreck isn't considered one of them and this is something that he hates. But this isn't something different that he hasn't seen before. Despite being an ECW Triple Crown champion back in the day, it's still the same old song and dance. Tonight, he intends on making things different and have the fans at Hammerstein remember who Mikey Whipwreck is and he's gonna do that at the expense of Shane Douglas.

We see another vignette with Ulf Hermann being in discussion with Ted Dibiase, possibly a financial deal or something. Ulf has been informed that he has to wrestle Carl Ouellet tonight but Hermann isn't interested in that and Ted Dibiase is paying him a big amount of money for another job. Dibiase and Hermann are interrupted by Can-Am Pro Commissioner "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, reminding Ulf that he doesn't work for Dibiase but for Can-Am Pro. Whether he likes it or not, the German Mercenary will be wrestling Carl Ouellet tonight and Armstrong warns Dibiase that he won't let him try to bribe or buy his way into anything in Can-Am Pro.

-The Triple Threat (Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Candido) beat Badd Company in 13:34 after Candido pinned Tanaka with the Blonde Bombshell.

-The Sandman wins his Can-Am Pro debut by beating Joey Matthews with the White Russian Leg Sweep in 9:58

-Masato Tanaka & Kamala (w/Kimchee) beat Dr. Wagner Jr & Bruce Hart in 14:17 after Kamala pinned Bruce

VHS/DVD exclusive: A video montage of Erik Watts & Simply Luscious talking about how they're about to rock the world of everyone in Can-Am Pro. They'll be the talk of the town, soon enough

VHS/DVD exclusive: Special video montage of Steve Corino to promote his match with Octagon later in the show

-Carl Ouellet beat Ulf Hermann in 16:21 with the Cannonball. Ouellet seemed to have suffered an undisclosed neck injury after an awkward landing on the Cannonball but was able to walk to the back on his own

-Special guest Steve Corino beat Octagon in 13:14 with the Old School Expulsion

A special promo from Mike Awesome from the London event is shown and Awesome warns Rhino and Stephanie McMahon that they better be careful because there isn't a place in the world that is safe enough for them to hide. Awesome is committed to his team with Mohammed Yone as they just proved that they're the best tag team in the world. Nobody can touch them and they'll take on all comers.

-"The Franchise" Shane Douglas beat Mikey Whipwreck with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex in 10:37

-In the main event, Hayabusa beat Crash Holly in 9:49 with the Falcon Arrow

CAN-AM PRO TV TAPING

August 17th,(Airing September 5th)

Toronto, ON

-Genichiro Tenryu & Black Panther beat The Hollys in 17:41. Joey Styles mentioned on commentary this was Tenryu's last contractual obligation for Can-Am Pro and the crowd gave Tenryu a standing ovation after the match.

-Mikey Whipwreck beat "Séduisant" Sylvain Grenier (w/Rick "The Model" Martel) in 15:18 with the Whippersnapper

-Tommy Dreamer beat Axl Rotten in 11:59 with the Dreamer Driver

-Christian York & Joey Matthews make their way to the ring and say that they're tired of being overlooked already. They wanna show their worth and they're the future of Can-Am Pro so they wanna be treated as such. They're looking for a fight and this is what they're getting when Stan "The Lariat" Hansen come out to a huge pop, with his cowbell and everything. Hansen marches his way to the ring and as he enters the ring, Joey Matthews shoves Christian York in front of him with Hansen clocking York with the cowbell! York then staggers back to his feet and Hansen hits a huge Lariat that sends York flipping upside down, to a massive crowd. The TV ends with Matthews pulling York outside as Hansen celebrates in the ring with the crowd.

So long Tenryu, we barely knew you!  Nice sendoff for a great talent.

I am really following Mikey Whipwreck's underdog storyline and I like the way it is going.  He can win, no doubt, but can he win when it really counts.

I don't think York and Matthews had Stan Hansen in mind for a fight.  I wouldn't have lol.

Your shows trade match quantity for match quality.  You strike a good balance between pleasing the smarks while still maintaining just enough sports entertainment feel to keep more casual fans interested.

CAN-AM PRO LIVE

AUGUST 18TH,

ARÉNA ROBERT-GUERTIN, HULL, QC

-Octagon & Marty Jannetty (w/Ted Dibiase) beat Mad Man Pondo & Axl Rotten in 18:30

-"The German Mercenary" Ulf Hermann & Crash Holly beat Badd Company in 26:20

-Hardcore Holly & Can-Am TV Champion Carl Ouellet beat The Triple Threat (Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Candido) in 39:56 after Ouellet pinned Bigelow with the Cannonball

-"The Jersey Dragon" Dixie beat "The Prospect" Donovan Morgan in 14:03

-Bob Backlund beat Masato Tanaka in 9:22