Pro Wrestling Only

Jimmy Rave's Retirement and Arm Amputation

El McKell

Dunno if this is worth posting but Jimmy Rave has had to have an arm amputaed and so his wrestling days are done. I know Dylan Hales liked him a lot I don't know how other people here felt about him. But definitely a talented guy in my eyes and it's really sad to hear about something like this happening to anyone

128145111_4855658391142775_7043259480541468828_o.jpg

God, what terrible news. I loved Rave; his dedication to being a fantastic, slimy heel on those workrate heavy ROH shows was always fantastic and he was so young there too. Could have  and should have been a top heel for the rest of his time. One of the best Southern territory heels who was sadly born too late 

This is beyond sad and tragic. My heart goes out to him.

I'm not sure how well-known Jimmy Rave is (I shared this with a friend, who had never heard of him, and I haven't really either), but this is definitely one of those times where you wish wrestling hadn't been a monopoly for so long so more guys like this could've "made it" with a comfortable nest egg to fall back on if the worst ever happened - and this is pretty damn bad. :(

9 hours ago, Stiva said:

God, what terrible news. I loved Rave; his dedication to being a fantastic, slimy heel on those workrate heavy ROH shows was always fantastic and he was so young there too. Could have  and should have been a top heel for the rest of his time. One of the best Southern territory heels who was sadly born too late 

I feel the same way.  He was the perfect heel for that era of ROH.  He could hang well enough with the more modern workrate guys but worked at more of the territory heel style pace.  That alone made him a heel to the ROH fans.  I thought he was a really good young cocky prick in the Prince Nana/Embassy days, a guy it was fun to love to hate.

Awful, awful news. I remember him getting clean some years ago and I was hoping it would lead to a career renaissance for him. It never really materialized and it's a shame. I think there's a bit more room for a heel like him now, and he's young enough that he could've had a good run in AEW. When I go back and watch old RoH shows, he's a guy that I always make a point to watch. I dug the guy back then, but I have a greater appreciation for him now, and his work has aged better than some of his contemporaries.

• 4 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this and I'm shocked...I've been watching him in old Full Impact Pro and remarking how great of a wrestler he is. This is terrible news but with so many untimely deaths in wrestling, I'm happy to know that he's alive and kicking. ROH has plenty of throwback matches on their YouTube, go watch an Embassy match with him in it today :) Jimmy Rave fans unite!