Pro Wrestling Only

1981 Project - The Big Boom! Chatter and Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the year 1981. The NWA was still working in many areas in the country. Some of the top stars in the business were just beginning to make their mark throughout the country. There are some promotions who have settled in with some great stars who are continuing to build their reputation on a regional level. Television isn't anywhere near a national level and stars who are big in one area may be completely unknown in another. Wrestlers sometimes work for two promotions to make ends meat but usually call one their home.

There are special attractions like Dusty Rhodes, Andre the Giant, Abdullah the Butcher, The Sheik, and three young guys from Texas named David, Kerry, and Kevin Von Erich.

The NWA World Champion Harley Race is making the rounds defending his title along with the tag team champions Paul Jones and the Masked Superstar. They will come and go as long as they are champions but those titles can be hot commodities and who knows who will be next in line for the titles.

These are the days before Starrcade and WrestleMania. The live events that happen night in and night out along with the big shows throughout the country are the main way for people to see these top stars.

Some promotions have a stronghold on live events while others focus on television to move their product.

The time is now and the future of these stars is in your hands... welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Big Boom of pro wrestling... who will reign supreme?

Tomorrow is the day.... who has stuff typed up yet? I will be honest... I may have been too excited about this and typed out three weeks worth of tv and house shows... this era and these rosters got me pretty pumped for all the things that could happen.

I will say... I do think we have space for one more person if someone was interested. I know I could easily give up 5-8 guys including some stars to get someone going. If anyone knows of someone or if anyone out there would like to get going on the ground floor... there's plenty of wealth to share and a lot of good opportunities to be had if you're interested.

Right now, I haven't put anything down to writing as I'm considering several storyline options. The only thing for certain right now is that I'm bringing the International TV title early. Haven't decided yet on how to award it. I'll also bring in some guests from other promotions (after all, technically, we're all NWA, right?) but I need to see first what the schedules will look like not to get in conflict with other promoters' dates and screw up their booking.

@LowBlowPodcast, I'll make another call in our Facebook group we're in to see if we couldn't find someone else to join as well.

This is gonna be fun!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...