Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-04-10-WWE-WrestleMania 37] Cesaro vs Seth Rollins

Edwin

This was soooo much better than I was expecting it to be. I'm not a big Rollins fan but I would be lying if I said he wasn't good here. The lead in to this was built around Cesaro's giant swing and how he'd humiliated Rollins with it in recent weeks so of course there's a giant swing tease in this that gets the crowd going nuts. Cesaro's main offense is usually a variety of European uppercuts and Rollins hurts Cesaro's shoulder with a buckle bomb so we get portions of Cesaro's main offense being shutdown briefly due to it. There's two really neat transitions here that look like throwbacks to transitions Cesaro would do with Quack for Ian Rotten in IWA Mid-South; in one Cesaro tries to take Rollins on a ride with a quebradora and he ends up hitting a great looking Neutralizer and in the other Rollins counters the Neutralizer and he lands a pedigree. Rollins also nails Cesaro with a vicious elbow to the back of the head that looks even more vicious in the slow motion replay. The finishing stretch if great with Cesaro hitting a brutal elevated European uppercut, followed up by his wild spinning torture rack bomb and a big giant swing to give Cesaro his big WrestleMania win. Really good match.

This was a pure workrate bout w/ a sprint'ish feel to it. It was good! Cesaro is obviously a total king, and most of this was designed to put him over big by letting him play his hits & kick a lot of ass, so it's not a surprise this ended up being a good match. Seth was good too! Lots of neat offense by both men. That finishing sequence w/ the Uppercut counter to Seth's Curb Stomp attempt -> UFO -> Swing -> Neutralizer was badass. Also Cesaro's reaction to the win + him bringing back the old HEEEEEEY's, oh man. So awesome. ***1/4

Good stuff here with a particularly strong last few minutes. Cesaro busting out that UFO move was a great moment. So impressive, including the way he got out the way when he let go of Seth. As was the curb stomp into the uppercut which was somewhat reminiscent of the stomp/RKO at 31. People can't count swing rotations can they. I think this could've done with a few more minutes. It was memorable enough though and felt like a big, well deserved victory for Cesaro.