Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-04-10-WWE-WrestleMania 37] The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) vs AJ Styles & Omos

Edwin

Another match that was much better than I was expecting it to be. They start with the New Day as faces and AJ and Omos as heels but the roles are reversed in this as the New Day refuse to wrestle Omos early on and they put an extensive beatdown on AJ and constantly cut him off from tagging in Omos. Eventually the anticipation to seeing Omos make his in ring debut is built up and we get a hot tag that delivers with Omos coming in absolutely wrecking the New Day; he catches Kofi with a Volk Han aikido wristlock throw and he absolutely crushes Woods' ribes with a brutal rib breaker. The Headshrinkers like assisted springboard Phenomenal Forearm was a great looking spot as was the big finishing bomb from Omos on Kofi. Another match that I would say exceeded expectations on this card.

I really enjoyed this one. Beautiful tag team storytelling with the more experienced team cutting the ring in half for a long period of time, totally isolating AJ. Kofi & Xavier were really good controlling things, and watching AJ try to figure out how he could get the tag, but time after time get shut down by the New Day lads was extremely fun. Omos of course eventually got the tag & came to wreck shit up; that Bane-like backbreaker to Xavier was awesome, as was the forearm by AJ off his shoulders. Very fun tag number! ***1/4

Everything it needed to be. I don't care if Omos won't have much staying power in modern WWE. He's been booked great so far and I've loved it. He looked fantastic throwing Woods & Kofi around. AJ hitting that phenomenal forearm off of Omos's shoulders was nuts. I loved AJ calling for the one foot cover with such confidence. Nice visual post match.