Pro Wrestling Only

Western States Wrestling

Autistic Dragon

Damn dude that was one heck of a card! 

Slick and the Devil's Duo, what a combo. Riding Harleys to the ring to ACDC is one awesome debut. 

Sullivan and his golden spike get the win over Cocoa. 

Devastation Inc gets the surprise of a lifetime when Kendall brings out the Irwins and Dirty Dutch! I know the fans went nuts. 

LOL, Mantell beating up Tojo gets the Gauntlet Match going on a high note. Things start to get tougher as Duk wears down Mantell a bit. Things get worse as Kendo really does a number on Mantell. Is there any weapon more dangerous than the kendo stick? Pogo takes advantage and things look bad for Mantell but he manages a last ditch effort and gets the dramatic win. 

I really liked that Jumbo showed respect. After that performance, Mantell certainly deserved it. 

All the pieces are falling into place for Independent Together.

Very well written card.  

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome card!

Like how Slick explained that because of Shaska bringing in the money, he could hire a tag team.  Big debut for the Devil's Duo as they go right over a big team in Western States.

What a Wild Bunch that is.  Big win over Devastation Inc.  This feud now has so many choices that it could sell tickets for months!

Mantell was on a roll here but I bet that is not the last we hear from TOjo's group.  Jumbo shows some respect but he won't go quietly.

WSW House Shows

June-6-1986 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

June-7-1986 The Coluseam El Paso TX 

June-8-1986 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM 

June-9-1986 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

June-10-1986 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

June-11-1986 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeats Tojo Yamamoto with the Freight Train.

Black Diamond Talent Agency ("Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley & The Devil's Duo) w/Slick defeat U.S Steel & The Fort Bragg Brotherhood when Slick passed Sword on of his shoes which he cracked Steel with as he had Vines in position for a powerslam causing Vines to land on top of him. Alex Perez who was trying to break up a fight between Whatley & Kirchner turned around when he heard Steel hit the mat and made the count.

Abdullah the Butcher w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Sunny War Cloud w/Cocoa Samoa with the Sudanese Meat Cleaver.

"Wild" Bill Irwin w/Scott "Hog" Irwin defeats "The Great" Gamma Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar with a Bicycle kick. Akbar tried to interfere midway through the match but was chased to the back by Scott.

Chicky Starr defeats Kendall Windham. Alexis Smirnoff came out near the end of the match carrying a large chain. Dutch Mantell intercepted Smirnoff in the aisle but while Bobby Pico was directing security to break them up Starr punted Windham in the nuts then pulled him into a small package (pun not intended)

Makahn Singh and "Dirty" Dutch Mantell ended in a no contest their respective faction mates poured out the back resulting in a pier-sixer that took the entire security team to break up.

Bullrope match 

Cocoa Samoa defeats "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan in a bloody war of attrition that ended when Samoa came off the second rope and crowned Sullivan with the cowbell.

Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta,Mr Pogo,Kendo Nagasaki & "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk) w/ Tojo Yamamoto defeated "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell & The Funk family when Tojo cracked Jimmy Jack in the head with a Kendo stick when the ref wasn't looking allowing Jumbo to hit a Tiger suplex for the win. At some point in the match Terry & Pogo brawled into the crowd and didn't make it back before the match ended. As the faces retreat up the aisle Mantell has a brief staredown with Jumbo as he held up the title.

Western States continue to give the fans great shows every week.

I noticed that you have Rufus in the openers and I think that is awesome.  He is past his prime but very believable as a fighting babyface who can still get the job done against the midcard heels.

Abbie with the Sudanese Meat Clever.... Awesome.  Poor Sunny,

The Black Diamond Talent Agency continues to push their way past the "patriots."  Nice way to build their heel status.

Like how you used the Chicky-Windham match to push this stable war.  This one is perfect!

Sullivan goes down in the Bull Rope Match.  I think Sullivan was a genius as he would cause havoc and had no problem doing the job in the house shows.  You are using him perfectly.

Talk about heels building their status.... Zaibatsu might just get the cover of Pro Wrestling Illustrated this week.

I have a feeling Slick and the Black Diamond Agency are heading to the top. 

Abdullah continues his path of destruction. 

I can tell the Irwins are going to give Devastation Inc a tough time. 

LOL Chicky is the kind of guy who takes advantage of circumstances. 

I would of bought a ticket just for the Sullivan/Cocoa bull rope match. I could totally see Sullivan taking that hit. 

Another wild main event as Zaibatsu gets the win. Love that Mantell/Jumbo stare down at the end. I can't wait for their big main event. 

Western States Wrestling Episode 7

June 12 1986

From the KFDA-TV Studio in Amarillo Texas 

Airing live at 9:35am on WTBS Channel 17

Instead of the usual opening montage we open on Commissioner Frank Dusek sitting behind a desk.

Dusek: Hello ladies and gentlemen. As I'm sure our repeat viewers recall two weeks ago I announced WSW would be hosting it's first supershow called Independent Together. I'm sure you've all also heard the adage "Man plans,God laughs" One of the paramount truths of the wrestling business and indeed life in general is plans change sometimes in the blink of a eye. Therefore as commissioner of Western States Wrestling it is my duty to report that Independent Together will not go ahead as planned. I truly apologize to everyone who was looking forward to attending Independent Together or watching live on television at home. However i can also report that you're plans to spend Independence day weekend watching great wrestling does not have to be canceled,merely altered. See folks i earlier spoke of plans changing but the thing is they sometimes change for the better. As such I can report to you that instead of the wrestlers & fans of WSW coming together with each other for one day of wrestling,We will come together with our sister promotions in the National Wrestling Alliance for a 3 day celebration collectively known as the Great American Bash! For those of you looking forward to the crowning of our first WSW Television Champion,Kendall Windham & Alexis Smirnoff bludgeoning each other in a Russian chain match or the Tribal Nation & The Moondogs tearing each other apart inside a steel cage rest assured those will still take place as. WSW holds night 1 of the Great American Bash on July 3rd. However the WSW Heavyweight Championship match of Jumbo Tsuruta defending against Johnny Mantell shall be moved to June 19th at Sports Arena in Amarillo. This is so whoever wins can adequately train for their next challenge. For you see not only shall the winner of that match be the WSW Heavyweight Champion but they'll have earned the right to go to night 1 and challenge Magnum T.A for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Speaking of World Championships, the NWA World Tag Team Championships have been mired in controversy for over a month now and after tense negotiations between all relevant parties i can finally report a solution has been reached, on July 3rd all 3 teams at the heart of this issue Mr Pogo & Kendo Nagasaki of Zaibatsu,The Funk brothers & the recognized champions of Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams shall compete in a 1 night round robin tournament the winners of which will be acknowledged by all companies in the NWA as the undisputed champions. And if all this sounds to big for the Sports Arena then we're in agreement because my final announcement today is that night 1 of the Great American Bash shall iminate from the McNicholas Sports Arena in Denver Colorado! More announcements may be made in the coming weeks but for now I can finally send it to Steve Stack and another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling! Have a great rest of your day.

The scene fades to black as then reopens to a overwhelmed looking Steve Stack standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner as the studio audience lose their collective minds.

Stack: Well ladies and gentlemen i think you'll agree there's nothing left to say except let's get to the ring for our first match!

Match 1

Kendall Windham defeats Constantino Melendez with a lariat

Commercial break-Steve Stack runs down the Western States live events for this coming week 

Match 2

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk defeats "Pistol" Praise Gladwin with a double arm suplex. Stack explains that Tojo isn't at ringside because he & Jumbo are getting ready for the contract signing later in the episode.

Match 3

"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Catahecassa ( a native American jobber) with a double stomp from the second rope.

Commercial break Advertisement for the Great American Bash 

Match 4

The Devil's Duo w/Slick defeat Eldon Disney & Garfield Lamar when they hit Disney with the neckbreaker/back suplex combo Slick,who was on commentary, dubbed the Devil's bargain.

Before the main event Steve Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

The Devil's Duo w/Slick vs U.S Steel & Rufus "Freight Train" Jones 

Sunny War Cloud vs "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto 

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick vs Scott "Hog" Irwin 

The Moondogs w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan vs The Fort Bragg Brotherhood 

Jimmy Jack Funk vs "The Great" Gamma Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar 

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell vs "Killer" Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar 

Double Victory match (must score a pin and a submission on your opponent to win.

Dory Funk Jr vs Chicky Starr 

Terry Funk & "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto 

Main event television title tournament match 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers when Somers attempted a Brainbuster but Perez landed on his feet behind Somers and hit a bridging German suplex!

As Perez leaves to the cheers of the crowd we cut to Steve Stack, Johnny Mantell, Tojo Yamamoto & Jumbo Tsuruta at the interview area. Mantell is wearing a embroidered western style shirt,blue jeans and a cowboy hat & boots. Tojo & Jumbo are wearing formal kimonos. Jumbo has the WSW Heavyweight title over his shoulder.

Stack: Gentlemen, next week at the Sports Arena you 2 will complete not just for WSW Heavyweight Championship but for a opportunity to go to night 1 of the Great American Bash and challenge for most prestigious prize in professional wrestling history, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. The contract has been reviewed by both your legal representatives and approved by both sides. Mr Tsuruta as reigning champion you may go first. *Jumbo calmly signs his name using Japanese Kanji.And if you have anything to add. Instead of either Tojo or Jumbo taking the mic Jumbo reaches into his kimono and retrieves a letter which he he hands to Stack.

Stack: Opens the letter and gives it a quick read before clearing his throat. To Mr Mantell. I wrote this letter to you because while I of course trust the honorable Tojo Yamamoto to translate the spirit of what I would say, I am aware that he can get creative with his wording. I'll be honest Mantell-san I didn't think you would survive the gauntlet last week. I believed you could defeat one perhaps even two of my comrades but the idea of any American having the fortitude to outlast them all didn't even accur to me. And yet that is precisely what you have done! Such a display of of resilience and fighting spirit has convinced me you must have Japanese blood in you somewhere. Alas that scarce trace of our noble heritage shall not be enough to bring you victory as noone raised in the moral degenaracy and lack of any values prevalent in this country shall ever defeat a born warrior such as myself. Nevertheless you h earned a modicum of my respect may that comfort you in the aftermath of my inevitable victory. May you fight well and accept your failure with dignity. Sincerely yours. Your destined conqueror Jumbo Tsuruta. With that Jumbo stands,gives Mantell a slight bow then turns to leave. Tojo does the same and begins to follow but stops halfway before returning to address Mantell.

Tojo:Mantell-san I want you to know that no matter what anyone say after Jumbo defeats you next week in Papa-sans eyes *Tojo puts his hand on Mantell's shoulder in a comforting gesture* You will always be mentally retarded. With that Tojo rejoins Jumbo who has been waiting at the entrance. Before they can exit through the curtain however Mantell's voice gets their attention.

Mantell: Jumbo! I don't know how much of this you can actually understand so I'll just say this *Mantell signs his name* Next week that title's coming home to America boy!

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

Bell time 3pm 

The Devil's Duo w/Slick defeat U.S Steel & Rufus "Freight Train" Jones when Slick seemed to try to sell Jones a watch allowing Sword to catch him in a schoolboy with a handful of overalls.

Sunny War Cloud defeats "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk when Tojo hits Duk with the Japanese flag by mistake!

Scott "Hog" Irwin defeats "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick by hitting Whatley with a bulldog while he was distracted by Rufus Jones chasing Slick around ringside.

The Moondogs w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeat the Fort Bragg Brotherhood when Spot tried to hit Kirchner with a bone Bobby Pico snatched it but while Pico was getting out of the ring Sullivan passed Spot the Golden Spike which found its way into Kirchner's skull.

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats "The Great" Gamma Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar after banging his and Akbar's heads together then hitting a piledriver.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell and "Killer" Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar ends in a double DQ when they both grabbed chairs and started dueling with each other.

Double Victory match 

Fall 1

Chicky Starr pins Dory Funk Jr with a backslide with his feet on the ropes.

Fall 2

Dory Funk Jr pins Chicky Starr after reversing a inside cradle.

Fall 3 

Chicky Starr submits Dory Funk Jr when Starr produces a piece of ropes from his tights which he uses in a sleeperhold until Funk passes out.

Winner: Chicky Starr 

Terry Funk & "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell defeat Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto when Mantell pinned Pogo with the floatover Russian leg sweep! After the bell Mantell posed with the WSW Heavyweight Championship belt.

Man, Dusek was right. Change can be a good thing. WSW involved with the Great American Bash is going to be pretty damn cool! The stakes are high for the Jumbo/Mantell title match. 

I would love to hear Gary Michael Cappetta announce the name Constantino Melendez LOL. 

Sullivan was so ruthless in the ring. Always liked that double stomp move.

Devil's Duo are quickly rising the ranks.

Great visual finish in the Perez/Sommers match. 

Nothing like a contract signing to add importance to a big title bout. Jumbo's letter was so creative and well done. Of course Tojo adds in his colorful words. Mantell keeps it simple and straight to the point. This is going to be a good one. 

To the Sports Arena,

HAHAHA! Slick trying to sell Rufus a watch had me cracking up. 

Scott Hog Irwin gets a big win over Whatley. I believe this was Whatley's first defeat in WSW. 

Moondogs show their ready for their cage match with Tribal Nation by putting the Fort Brag Brotherhood down. However, it will be a lot harder for Sullivan to interfere from outside the cage. 

Jimmy Jack is certainly living up to the Funk name. 

Dirty Dutch and Killer Brooks are two guys who aren't afraid to go at it with chairs. 

I've enjoyed the Dory/Chicky house show feud. Chicky has got to be considered for a title shot after that tremendous win over Dory. 

Terry and Mantell send the fans home happy and Mantell sends a strong message to Jumbo and Tojo. 

-Great week for the NWA!  Thanks for joining in on the Great American Bash.

Very creative with your jobbers names... Catahecassa

Sullivan, the Moondogs and the Devil's Duo along with so many of the heels in Western States are starting to hit their stride.  I think this works really good in this type of territory.  

Nice win for Al Perez.  I like how you are using him and he is becoming a perfect upper midcard baby face for you.

AWESOME ENDING TO THE TV SHOW... Jumbo and his letter to Mantel-san.  I like how he wanted to read it to make sure not to let Tojo change the words.  Jumbo is one smart dude!  Looking forward to the big title bout.

Great week at the Sports Arena.

Huge win for Scott Irwin over Whatley.  They way Whatley has been making the money for Slick and Irwin getting the win shows just how big Irwin is going to be for you.

Chicky over Dory... Dory shows he is willing to do anything to help his company.  I could see a Bull Rope Match in the future!

Jimmy Jack gets the nice win over the foreign invader.  The El Paso crowd would have loved this one.

Mantell with the win a little taunt with the belt for Zaibatsu.... Nice ending 

WSW House Shows 

6-13-1986 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

6-14-1986 The Coluseam El Paso TX 

6-15-1986 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM 

6-16-1986 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

6-17-1986 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

6-18-1986 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

U.S Steel defeats Jeff Sword w/Slick with the big splash. Rufus Jones came down early in the match and made a point of sticking as close to Slick as possible preventing any interference.

Doug Vines w/Slick defeats Rufus "Freight Train" Jones. U.S Steel who stayed at ringside to keep an eye on Slick was lured into chasing him to the back allowing Sword to sneak back out and pass Vines a bike chain which he wrapped around his fist for the k.o punch and the win.

Pvt Don Kernodle defeats "The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff w/"General" Skandar Akbar with a neckbreaker when Smirnoff was distracted when Kendall Windham ran out and damn near decapitated Akbar with a lariat! Smirnoff and Windham then began a brawl that security had to break up.

Non title match 

WSW Tag Team Champions The Tribal Nation defeat Radiance when Mark countered a Embry piledriver attempt into a Jack knife pin. Radiance jumped the champions after the bell but were run off by the Glamor Boys swinging chairs!

Abdullah the Butcher w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Jimmy Jack Funk when Sullivan tripped Funk coming off the ropes allowing Abby to hit a two handed chokeslam followed by the Sudanese Meat Cleaver.

Makahn Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats Scott "Hog" Irwin w/"Wild" Bill Irwin. Gamma Singh came out towards the end but was intercepted by Bill which freed up Akbar to distract Scott allowing Singh to hit a scoop powerslam and a jumping seated senton which in which he seemed to land on Irwin's face!

Dory Funk Jr defeats Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto by dq when Tojo slid Nagasaki his Kendo stick during a cloverleaf attempt which was promptly cracked off Funk's skull.

Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto defeat "The pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell & Terry Funk. While Bobby Pico was trying to break up Jumbo & Mantell who were brawling in the corner, Tojo snuck in the ring and struck Terry across the back with the Japanese flag as he had Pogo in position for the piledriver. As Jumbo & Mantell spilled to the floor Pico turned to see Pogo apply a nerve hold to which Funk passed out. Pogo & Tojo kept attacking Terry after the bell but thankfully the rest of the Funk men ran out and with Mantell's help ran off the heels to send the crowd home happy.

Thanks to the Freight Train, US Steel finally gets the better of a manager. 

I can just imagine that lariat Kendall gave Akbar. 

Radiance tries a post match attack but luckily the Glamor Boys put a stop to that. 

Jimmy Jack's win streak comes to an end at the hands of Abdullah. No shame in that. 

I'm sensing a feud brewing between Karachi Vice and the Irwins. 

More heat added to the Funks/Zaibatsu feud as well as Jumbo/Mantell. The Great American Bash is going to be off the charts! 

Western States Wrestling Episode 8

June 19 1986 

Airing live on WTBS Channel 17 at 9:35am 

A montage of classic and recent Western States action set to "Into the fire" by Dokken opens the show ending on a shot of WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta.

We cut to Steve Stack standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner.

Stack: Good morning and a happy Juneteenth to you ladies and gentlemen. We're one week from the earthshaking announcement from our commissioner Frank Duesk that despite our original plans Western States Wrestling has been invited to join our sister promotions in the National Wrestling Alliance to present the Great American Bash! WSW will present night 1 from the McNicholas Sports Arena, home of the Denver Nuggets. All 3 NWA World titles will be decided as the winner of the WSW Heavyweight Championship match between Jumbo Tsuruta and Johnny Mantell at the Sports Arena later today shall go on to challenge Magnum T.A. The months long controversy surrounding the NWA World Tag Team Titles will finally be settled in a one night round robin tournament between all relevant parties, Zaibatsu,The Funk brothers and the recognized champions Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams. And later in this broadcast we reveal who will challenge "Mr Electricity" Steve Regal for the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship. And that's not all as the two men battling for the WSW Heavyweight Championship have both been granted a tune up match meaning not only shall "the Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell be in action but for the first time ever the viewers at home shall witness the WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta in action! If you've never seen him compete your in for a real treat. All that plus our first semifinal match in the tournament to crown our first Television Champion as Chicky Starr fresh off a potentially career making victory over Dory Funk Jr in the first ever Double Victory match goes one-on-one with another member of the Funk family, Jimmy Jack Funk in our television main event. Now let's get this show started properly with our first match of the day.

This ensites a big pop from the crowd which grows larger as "Rawhide" by Frankie Laine comes over the pa system.

Match 1

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell defeats Kevin Tristan Marquez with the Tennessee Chainsaw (Scoop Slam Piledriver)

Dutch heads to the interview area where the rest of the Wild Bunch is waiting.

Stack: Impressive victory for Dutch Mantell. Gentlemen the world wants to know what caused you three to agree to come here and join young Kendall Windham in his battle against Devastation Inc?

Bill: Well Steve Stack to answer that requires something of a history lesson. See last "Wild" Bill Irwin was in Texas it was in the original Wild Bunch alongside my friends Black Bart & Ron Bass. And the reason we came together was to do battle against the so-called Killers gang led by none other than one "Killer" Tim Brooks. *Boos* Yeah folks he was a rat back then too. First he thought he was the devil and hired those goons Sword & Vines, Yeah boys i know your back there come out and say something. But when they failed to get the job done he started shaking up with "Eeny Meny" Mike Miller & that bloated dandy Adrian Adonis pretending they was Hell's Angels. Well we whooped those jokers all over the Will Rodgers Complex and even the world famous Sportatorium and i thought i'd seen the last of Brooks. But then I hear about Western States Wrestling so I tune in and what do I see? Tim Brooks up to his old tricks! First he & that towelheaded twit Akbar cheat Kendall out of a win at Resurrection that's one thing but when Kendall does what any real man would do and square up and ask for a rematch Brooks goes and hides behind a Goddang commie! And then we he finds a friend to even the odds he gets cute and brings in the sing-sing- sing along brothers. All this had me madder than a rattlesnake with a toothache so when I got a phonecard from Kendall here didn't even have to think about it all i needed was a minute to explain to Hog here and ask him if he wanted in and just like always he said he had my back and here we are! *Big pop*

Stack: Makes sense so far but Dutch where do you come in?

Dutch: Let me tell y'all a story. Picture it, 19 year old Dutch Mantell out in Oil Tough Texas trying to figure out how to make his dream of becoming a professional wrestler come true then out of the blue comes the thing that will change his life, A letter from the president of the United States calling him to serve his country in place he ain't never heard of called Vietnam. So I go there as part of the 25th Infantry division and my new friends and I get to spend our days dodging potshots from a bunch of spineless godless commie bastards just like you Smirnoff! That's why when I ran into the Irwins out in Alabama and they told me about the call they just got from Kendall here u only had one question for'em, Room for one more? And that's why before Kendall can finish ya off at night 1 of the Great American Bash Smirnoff today at the Sports Arena I'm taking a piece of your ass for myself!

The Wild Bunch leave the interview area to a massive round of applause.

Stack: A fired up Wild Bunch ready to bring the fight to Devastation Inc. We'll be back with more Western States action after this commercial break.

Commercial break-Steve Stack runs down the Western States live events for this coming week.

Match 2

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats Horsetrigger Nicholas with a Brainbuster. Embry joined commentary talking about how the Glamor Boys are just jealous saying "comparing their looks to ours is like comparing your kids drawing to the Aurora Boialis. It's just not fair to them" he also said it was just a matter of time before they "rescued" the Tag Titles from the "filthy Indians and slobbering mongrols" fighting over them just as he would rescue the World Jr Heavyweight Championship from "Mr Elasticity" at night 1 of the Bash.

Match 3

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell defeats Hachi Amano with the floatover Russian leg sweep.

Commercial break-Advertisement for the Great American Bash.

Match 4

WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats Nathan Warner. At the bell Jumbo sprints across the ring and damn near decapitated Warner with a Lariat then deadlifted him for a (possibly unnecessary) Tiger suplex for the win. As their leaving Tojo stops by the interview area and snatches the mic.

Tojo: You see that Steve Stack? You see that Mantell-san? You see that Magnum T.A? That is the fate of all mentally retarded Americans who think they can stop Zaibatsu! At your Bash all the world titles will be ours then Zaibatsu will rule the NWA in the name of the Japanese empire. BANZAI!

After reclaiming his mic Steve Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick vs Rufus "Freight Train" Jones 

The Tribal Nation (Sunny War Cloud & Cocoa Samoa) vs The Devil's Duo w/Slick 

Partners handcuffed to the ringposts

"The Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers vs Steve Doll w/Steve Simpson 

Scott "Hog" Irwin vs Slick's hired gun

"Wild" Bill Irwin vs "Killer" Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar 

Non title 

WSW Tag Team Champions The Tribal Nation vs Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher)

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell vs "The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff w/"General" Skandar Akbar 

WSW Heavyweight Championship match, Zaibatsu banned from ringside, winner challenges Magnum T.A for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at the Great American Bash 

Jumbo Tsuruta (c) vs "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell 

Main event television title tournament match 

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats Chicky Starr by reversing a inside cradle just as we were approaching the end of the television time limit!

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

Bell time 3pm 

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats Rufus "Freight Train" Jones. Slick pulled down the ropes as Jones was looking to bounce off for the Freight Train. While he barely beat the 10 count he quickly fell pray to a scoop slam followed by a Flying Willie.

The Devil's Duo w/Slick defeat The Tribal Nation (Sunny War Cloud & Cocoa Samoa) When Sullivan ran down wielding the Golden Spike. As he was escorted out by security Slick took advantage of the distraction to pass Vines a slap jack which he cracked War Cloud with for the pin.

Partners handcuffed to ringpost 

"The Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeats Steve Doll. Sommers untied the middle turnbuckle pad in the corner was cuffed too allowing Embry to ram Doll into it back first during a ddt attempt followed by a northern lights suplex. Radiance seemed to want to cut more of Doll's hair but Simpson grabbed a ringside chair and cleared the ring before anything could happen.

Scott "Hog" Irwin defeats The Super Destroyer w/Slick after Slick inadvertently sprayed Bonacca in the Destroyer's eyes allow Hog to hit a bulldog for the win.

"Wild" Bill Irwin & "Killer" Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar brawled to a double c.o. They kept at it after the bell which ended with Brooks trying to clothesline Irwin against the post only for him to dodge and, while Brooks was tending his arm, Score a bicycle kick on Akbar!

Non title 

WSW Tag Team Champions The Tribal Nation defeat Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher) by dq when the Moondogs ran out when the Youngbloods hit a double Tomahawk Chop on Sullivan. Sunny & Cocoa followed leading to a pier-sixer in which chairs,bones,the Golden Spike and a fork were all used leaving men bleeding on both sides.

"The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats "Dirty" Dutch Mantell when Akbar distracted Alex Perez allowing Smirnoff to nail Dutch with the Russian chain. After the bell he tried to bury Dutch under the Soviet flag but the rest of the Wild Bunch came in and chased the heels off.

WSW Heavyweight Championship match. Zaibatsu is barred from ringside. Winner challenges Magnum T.A for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at the Great American Bash.

Jumbo Tsuruta(c) defeats "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell with a Tiger suplex from the second rope after a arsenal emptying 45 minute war.

Great promo by Wild Bill. Love that you reminded everybody of his Texas history with Brooks. Good job with the continuity. Bleh built Texas into a must read territory and I'm glad your keeping that spirit alive. 

Dutch immediately follows with a passionate promo. Hey, anybody who fought in Vietnam is beyond tough. 

As always, Radiance entertains. They fit in so well here.

Jumbo makes a devastating tv debut! This really felt special. I try to use my world champ the same way.

I would have to consider Jimmy Jack's win over Chicky a mild upset. I have a feeling Chicky wont just let  this one go. 

To the Sports Arena,

Love that finish in the opener. Slick and Whatley work so well together. 

Whatley's not the only one that's benefiting from Slick. Devil's Duo score a major win. 

Radiance pull one over tonight as Sommers helps Embry get the win. Glamor Boys show they're not going down so easily. 

Look at that, Scott Irwin defeats The Super Destroyer. Well, Slick goes 2 for 3 tonight.   

Brooks and Wild Bill keep the heat.

Moondogs better be ready to feel the wrath of the Youngbloods when they enter the cage. That's one of the marquee matches I'm looking forward to at the Great American Bash. 

Smirnoff wins a battle against Dutch but there's a bigger battle ahead. 

Heck of a main event as Jumbo and Mantell tear the house down for 45 minutes. The Bash is set! Magnum vs. Jumbo! You have an instant classic on your hands. 

Everything is falling into place for the Great American Bash. 

Awesome TV show this week.

I wouldn't want to go head to head with you in a Dawn of War Trivia contest.  That back stroy about The Wild Bunch was spot on.  Also loved the backstory of Mantell in Vietnam.  Stories make this game!

Jumbo is one tough dude.  Tojo was correct.  Both Mantell and T.A. better be READY!

Nice win for Jimmy Jack.  The Funks are starting to roll in their territory.

To the Sports Arena:

AWESOME CARD!

Like Shaska being the opening heel.  Gets the fans throwing some heat right away.  

Great use of the stipulation in that Partner Handcuffed to the ringpost.  No problem... take off the turnbuckle!  Very creative.

Scott Irwin over Super D... Interesting!  then Bill Irwin survives the next bout with a DDQ against Brooks.  

Jumbo is on a roll!  Can he take the World Title... We will have to see!

WSW House Shows

6-20-1986 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

6-21-1986 The Coluseam El Paso TX 

6-22-1986 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM 

6-23-1986 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

6-24-1986 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

6-25-1986 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

U.S Steel & Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeat The Texas Outlaws when Jones pinned Outlaw #2 with a headbutt.

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats Steve Doll when Tojo crotched Doll on the top turnbuckle as he was going for a missle dropkick allowing Duk to hit a super dsuperarm suplex.

Cpl Kirchner defeats Moondog Rex w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan. Sullivan seemed poised to throw Rex the Golden Spike but was tackled midthrow by Pvt Don Kernodle and while Rex was distracted by the ruckus ringside fell victim to the Cobra Clutch.

The Long Riders vs Karachi Vice w/"General" Skandar Akbar was throwen out by referee Alex Perez when all four men started brawling in the ring and ignored all attempts to restore order.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto by dodging a thrust kick and hitting the bridging German suplex.

Abdullah the Butcher w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Pvt Don Kernodle w/Cpl Kirchner. Sullivan got the jump on Kirchner with the Golden Spike and when Kernodle leaned through the ropes to check on his partner Sullivan jabbed him leaving him in position for the Sudanese Meat Cleaver.

Devastation Inc ("Killer" Tim Brooks & "The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff) w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeat The Wild Bunch (Kendall Windham & "Dirty" Dutch Mantell) when Akbar distracted Bobby Pico allowing Smirnoff to hit Windham with the Russian chain. After getting the pin Smirnoff took the chain again and started choking Windham,shoving off Pico who tried to intervene. Thankfully Mantell was able to grab a chair and chase the heels off.

2-out-of-3 falls 6 man tag

Chicky Starr & Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto vs "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell & The Funk brothers w/Jimmy Jack Funk 

Fall 1: Chicky Starr pinned Mantell with a schoolboy while grabbing the ropes.

Fall 2: Mr Pogo causes a disqualification when he cracked Dory with the Japanese flag while he had Jumbo in the spinning toe hold.

Fall 3: The 45 minute time limit expires.

Official result:Draw

Steel and Freight Train are working well together.

Nice win by Duk. Love that finish. 

Kernodle helps his partner out but pays for it later against Abdullah. With Sullivan on the outside, wrestlers will always have to be on high alert.

Long Riders and Karachi Vice could become a serious money making feud.

I'm all for the push Al Perez is getting. This guy could be the game's next big star. 

Smirnoff gets the best of Windham tonight but Windham will live to fight another day. 

That main event really gave the fans their money's worth. Chicky teaming with Zaibatsu is gold. 

Very well booked card.

The fan favorites get off to a fast start but then the heels make the comeback follwed by an action backed 2 out of 3 falls Draw!

I like the team of U.S. Steel and Rufus.  Their size and brawling ability fit nice here in WSW!  They would really get over with the crowd.  

Between the Funks, Zaibatsu, Dev. Inc, The Long RIders, etc, etc, your tag team division is DEEP and really fits well into this territory.  

Really glad you have jumped in with us.  Thanks!  WSW is a fun read each and every show.

Western States Wrestling Episode 9

JUNE 26 1986

Airing live at 9:35am on WTBS Channel 17

A montage of classic and recent Western States action set to "Into the fire" by Dokken opens the show ending on a shot of WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta.

We cut to Steve Stack standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner.

Stack: Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance,the premier governing body of professional wrestling the world over  We are excactly one week away from the start of the 3 day wrestling extravaganza,the Great American Bash,which as reported by Pro Wrestling Illustrated earlier this week will have all 3 nights airing live on close circuit television. And that's not all, as also reported we have come to a agreement with our sister promotion Wonder Women Wrestling to have the NWA World Women's Championship defended on night 1 on July 3rd. I can now confirm that the match shall pit defending champion Debbie Combs against the challenger Lisa Moretti. Fans of WWW will know Mrs Moretti is a double champion holding both the WWW Fighting Spirit championship as well as the NWA Texas Women's Championship however those title's will not be defended,  Nevertheless it should be an amazing contest. Speaking of amazing contests we have a entire episode full of them featuring wrestlers who will be competing on night 1 of the Great American Bash which will of course iminate from the McNicholas Sports Arena in Denver Colorado. And in our main event "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez will go one-on-one with "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley who will of course have Slick in his corner, the winner of that match shall face Jimmy Jack Funk on July 3rd to determine our first Television Champion. On now ladies and gentlemen let's send down to the ring for our first match.

Match 1

Kendall Windham defeats "Bruiser" Byron Eustis with a bulldog.

post match promo: Windham vows to beat Smirnoff back back to his "cold lifeless motherland" and prove that "Siberian steel ain't near as hard as a Texas Lariat!" 

Commercial break-Steve Stack runs down the Western States live events for this coming week. In honor of shedule changes to be discussed later WSW will be touring cities outside their by-now established loop. The tour will also be shortened to 4 events.

Match 2

"The Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeats Steve Law with a neckbreaker. "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers joined the broadcast booth and spent the whole match running down the "Glamorless Boys" and stating his absolute certainty that his partner would "rescue the lovely prize of the World Jr Heavyweight Championship from the indignity of being carried by Mr Elasticity Steve not so Regal" 

Match 3

The Moondogs destroyed Rick Walmsey & Ramsey Samuelson in a little over a minute finishing the match with the backbreaker/elbow drop combination on Samuelson. As has become pattern however the beating lasts far longer than the actual match with Abdullah the Butcher joining in. All the while Sullivan is on the mic insisting this is somehow the Tribal Nation's fault and swearing "By all the fires in the black pit the WSW Tag Team Titles will hang on the mantle of Abudadeen" When the massacre in the ring ends it does so horrifically, with the Moondogs repeating their finisher on Walmsey but this time Rex forgoes his elbow and uses one of their bones! This brings out commissioner Dusek who threatens to fire the entire Dungeon of Doom on the spot if they don't leave NOW!!!! Sullivan leads his men away cackling the whole time.

Stack: My god ladies and gentlemen we'll go to break and get these men some medical attention.

Commercial break-Advertisement for the Great American Bash airing live on close circuit television! Tickets still available!

Match 4

Dory Funk Jr defeats Hayden Virgo with the Texas Cloverleaf. During the match Stack informed the audience that WSW was cutting its weekly tour short as to ensure the wrestlers were in shape for night 1 of the GAB.  WSW would be skipping the first two days of July and resuming it's usual schedule July 10 with fittingly its 10th episode!

Before the main event Steve Stack informs the audience that at the Sports Arena show later today the event will start with a 21 man battle royal with the winner earning a shot at the WSW Heavyweight Championship. The order of elimination will determine the rest of the card meaning the only way to know who faces whom is to buy a ticket and see for yourself! Bell time 3pm tickets still available!

Main event 

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez. Towards the end Slick got on the apron and seemed to offer Perez a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. Perez tried to take a swing at Slick who jumped to the floor in time to avoid the blow. It was then Perez who avoided a charging Whatley and managed to get behind him for a O'Connor roll which Whatley kicked out of. While that was happening Slick took a big swig of whatever was in that bottle and when Whatley's kickout launched Perez into the ropes spit it into the face of "The Latin Heartthrob" when the referee wasn't looking! Whatley grabbed Perez into a schoolboy as he staggered backwards and a handful of tights later the "Black Bullet" was headed to GAB.

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

Bell time 3pm 

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell won a 21 man battle royal earning himself a future shot at the WSW Heavyweight Championship.

Following matches were determined by order of elimination.

Sunny War Cloud defeats Tojo Yamamoto with a Tomahawk Chop.

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeats Doug Vines with the Freight Train.

Cocoa Samoa defeats Jeff Sword with a second rope splash.

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats Chris Youngblood with a Brainbuster.

The Super Destroyer defeats U.S Steel after loading his mask and headbutting Steel.

Kendall Windham vs "Killer" Tim Brooks ended in a double DQ.

"The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff defeats Steve Doll with the Heart Punch. After the match Smirnoff buried Doll under the Soviet flag.

Pvt Don Kernodle defeats Kendo Nagasaki with a neckbreaker.

Chicky Starr defeats "Wild" Bill Irwin with a La Magistral cradle.

Terry Funk defeats Makahn Singh with a piledriver.

Everything is falling in place for the GAB! 

Windham is fired up but has a tough task ahead going against Smirnoff in a chain match.

Steve "not so" Regal (LOL) better keep an eye on Sommers if he wants to hold on to his title at the Bash. 

Sullivan and his Dungeon of Doom cause quite a ruckus. The Moondogs and Tribal Nation is going to be a bloody one. 

2 of my Texas favorites go at to determine the final spot in the TV tournament. That sneaky Slick does it again as Whatley gets the tainted win over Perez. Whatley vs. Jimmy Jack is going to be a good one. 

To the Sports Arena, 

Dirty Dutch wins the battle royal and earns himself a future title shot. 

Good job mixing things up a bit as the card is determined by eliminations. 

Bad night for Devil's Duo as they each drop a match to Freight Train and Cocoa. 

That Super D/Steel match was no doubt a hard hitting one. 

No better way for Windham to get ready for Smirnoff than having a brawl with Brooks. 

Speaking of Smirnoff, he looks ready as he takes down Doll with the heart punch! 

Chicky continues his winning ways with a big win over Irwin. 

If Terry Funk is on a Texas card, then it's always a great idea to have him end the show. That piledriver on Makhan would have been a sight to see. 

Exciting week coming up for the NWA and a great way to kick it off with more good news about the NWA Womens Title Match

Good use of the TV show to hype up the big event.  You have outdone yourself this week with some of your jobber names!  Eustis reminded me of that TV show on the history channel, Mountain Men. 

I think you did a great job with the big show at the Sports Arena.  You gave the crowd an exciting card without pushing any of your angles any further before the bash!

Battle Royals are always big ticket sellers and can be used either to not give to much away or to push or start other angles.  Good use of the roster here!

WSW House Shows 

6-27-1986 Taylor County Coluseam Abilene TX 

6-28-1986 Ector County, Coluseam Odessa TX

6-29-1986 Tays Center Alamogordo NM

6-30-1986 City Auditorium Denver Springs CO

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/ Tojo Yamamoto defeats A local talent with a shoulderbreaker.

Chicky Starr defeats The Lone Wolf with a top rope kneedrop.

The Moondogs w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeat The Tribal Nation (Sunny War Cloud & Cocoa Samoa) when Spot hit Cocoa with one of their bones behind Bobby Pico's back.

Jimmy Jack Funk,U.S Steel & Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeat Black Diamond Talent Agency w/Slick when Funk made Sword submit to the spinning toe hold.

The Glamor Boys defeat Radiance by c.o when Embry took the house mic and declared "screw this I've got a World Championship victory party to prepare" and led Somers away.

The Wild Bunch (Kendall Windham & The Long Riders) & "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs Devastation Inc w/"General" Skandar Akbar gets thrown out when referee Alex Perez can't maintain order.  The eight men brawl for several minutes after the bell only being separated by seemingly every security guard in the state.

Non title match 

WSW Tag Team Champions The Youngbloods defeat Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher"by dq when Abby jabbed Alex Perez with a fork because....reasons.

Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta,Kendo Nagasaki & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto defeat The Funk Brothers & "Dirty" Dutch Mantell. Mantell had Pogo in position for the Tennessee Chainsaw but a distraction from Tojo allowed Nagasaki to crack Dutch across the back with the kendo stick leaving him vulnerable to a spike piledriver.