Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - April 28, 2021

MoS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember thinking this time last year that Penelope Ford had a lot of potential. I still think she is good and has potential, but it seems like she remained stagnant last year while a lot of others in the division have improved, some by a big margin, during the time period 

Really enjoyed that - I don't think Hangman was really hurt by the loss, given he was jumped pre-match, and hopefully that means they're holding off him vs Omega for a little longer. Miro looked awesome destroying Kip, main event was great, Orange/Penta ruled, and that Pinnacle/Inner Circle parley was fantastic. (Well, except for Shawn Spears, but you can't have EVERYTHING, I guess.) And Mox/Kingston threatening to destroy Kenny's ankle was superb, even if it does lead to a match involving Nakazawa.

5 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

With Kenta appearing on Dynamite and now Yuji Nagata, how long until we see Ibushi, Okada, Naito or Jay White? 

Dave basically said the only thing keeping AEW and New Japan guys from being on each other's shows at this point is travel restrictions. As soon as people can fly internationally with less BS it's on. 

A fun Impact. Everyone in the parley came off looking and sounding credible with the exception of, surprise!, Shawn Spears. There is no way he isn't dropping buckets of blood by the end of the match and taking the pin fall. The guy is useless. Imagine Spears picking up the victory for his team. It will be the dude explosion all over again, but this time Eddie Kingston won't be able to easily explain it away. I am excited for Nagata's return to TNT, Blood & Guts (of course), and the Omega tag match. Disappointed that Nakazawa is Kenny's partner. Cutler and Nak should remain on Dark and Dark Elevation eating pins and picking up victories here and there. If they appear on Dynamite or PPV, its to serve as the stooges to The Elite and not as pro wrestlers. Despite that, AEW has built enough good will with me that I am sure Michael will get his ass kicked rather nicely and put through a table or something. We'll see. Dynamite is still the best weekly pro wrestling show and its not even close.

Could give or take the first hour up until the parley but thought the show really pulled around with the second hour. Heel Bucks and their wink-nudge bullshit had me skipping through my first Dynamite match in forever but I enjoyed the SCU promo on them. I don’t know how you can look past Darby as the future man of AEW at this point; Vance, while improving, is still green around the gills and Darby constructed a match around the spots he had and made it feel different from his previous defences. Week to week, he’s doing interesting things every time out and all of his matches feel like must-watch events.

Popped for Miro attacking that Twitch streamer/Penelope’s manager and the next two weeks look great. If  Moxley/Nagata doesn’t lead to Nagata buddying up with Moxley and Kingston as the three baddest dudes in the land, what are we even doing here?

After a night sleep and a couple of hours to think about it, I hate Hangman’s loss even more. Last week on Elevation, Ricky Starks talked about Page chocking. He lost to Jericho for the AEW title, lost to Kenny in the eliminator tournament final and said that now that you are the number one contender, you will chock again. Maybe I am overreacting but I don’t like this at all. 

Matt Jackson was so bad last night that I ended up hating the match and I am usually pretty high on Buck matches. 

Orange/Penta was great but I hate that Penta is loosing so much. They have a great act in Penta/Alex, i wish he was winning more. 

The Inner Circle/Pinnacle confrontation was awesome. 

Kris/Penelope was fine. I liked Miro destroying Kip and Eddie/Moxley even if it involved Nakazawa (he is wrestlecrap level on dark). I enjoyed Ogogo knocking out two guys, especially Billy Gunn  

Main event was not up to the previous levels Of the last couple of weeks but Preston Vance is still green. 

A mixed bag for me this week after a few weeks of home runs. 

A taught I have after every Dynamite: How as La Sombra not shown up yet?

55 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

He decided he'd rather work with Alberto Del Rio.

The hottest free agent in years, free to work anywhere in the world, and this is how he decides to use his newfound freedom. What an idiot.

God lord, of all of the guys he could work with, he chooses El Patron. This is a complete waste. 

I didn’t think that anyone would book El Patron anymore so I google Nacion and it’s his promotion. Yeah, this sucks. 

Has anyone ever been so badly exposed as ADR post WWE run? We already saw the cracks in the armor while he was in WWE. Once WWE took away the cars, the music, the announcer and had him do the Mexican-American gimmick, we saw a mid-tier performer that loved to call people dogs a million times during his promos. This guy is worthless without the smoke and mirrors. He did nothing to move the needle  in terms of attendance or ratings for AAA, Impact, or whenever else he popped into and after a while people realized what was going on. ADR is a great con man as he is able to convince people he is a million bucks and will help bring in a million buts, but this never really happened. The failed business, personal problems, and public meltdowns did not help matters at all, but holy smokes! Now it seems as though he is only wrestling because there is nothing else for him to do. Did he spend all his WWE and AAA money on lawsuits, lawyers, and failed businesses. It's kinda sad, but at the same time no one deserves this more than him. Sort of reminds me of an artist who has hits with a producer, but decides to strike out on their own and bomb and in the process completely destroys their brand and any good will associated so much to the point that a show at a random club in Ohio where that artist plays all the greatest hits from their heyday is only attended by 150 people on a Friday night.

ADR is just a very weird guy to associate with at this point. I know they have history and ADR probably cried on the phone to get this to happen, but yikes! 

I haven’t watched a minute of wwe programming since HHH had that god awful title reign in like 2002 or 2003. He actually made me quit on wwe twice. In 98 with the putrid DX garbage and the the aforementioned run with the big gold belt. Anyways, I had never seen Del Patron before. When he went to Lucha Underground, my friend was excited as hell. He used to tell me, Oh he will be awesome. Let’s just say that we were both disappointed and what I have seen in AAA and Impact since then has not changed my perception of him as a wrestler. As a human being, he is absolutely rotten.