Pro Wrestling Only

How's this list for the top 64?

Loss

If you think someone should be turfed in favor of someone that isn't present here, state your case. These are not in any particular order. Also, please don't say "I can't believe you forgot so-and-so" until you know for sure they're not here. Just trying to preemptively avoid that.

:)

If there are enough debates over certain guys, we'll have qualifying matches.

Hulk Hogan

Bret Hart

Shawn Michaels

Steve Austin

The Rock

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Randy Savage

Eddy Guerrero

Owen Hart

Davey Boy Smith

Ted DiBiase

Rey Misterio

Edge

Christian

Dynamite Kid

Ultimate Warrior

Ricky Steamboat

Greg Valentine

Bob Backlund

Diesel

Razor Ramon

HHH

1-2-3 Kid/X-Pac

Bad News Brown

Brutus Beefcake

Andre the Giant

Jake Roberts

Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy

Kane

Undertaker

Brock Lesnar

Goldust

Booker T

Mr. Perfect

Rikishi

John Bradshaw Layfield

Kurt Angle

Mick Foley

Randy Orton

Marty Jannetty

Rick Rude

Tito Santana

Ric Flair

Arn Anderson

Tully Blanchard

Chavo Guerrero Jr

Roddy Piper

Val Venis

Yokozuna

Big Show

Rick Martel

Jerry Lawler

Jeff Jarrett

Jacques Rougeau

Vader

Savio Vega

Bam Bam Bigelow

Yoshihiro Taijiri

Taka Michinoku

Rob Van Dam

Sgt Slaughter

Paul Orndorff

1-2-3 Kid/X-Pac

Andre the Giant

Arn Anderson

Bad News Brown

Bam Bam Bigelow

Big Show

Bret Hart

Bob Backlund

Booker T

Brock Lesnar

Brutus Beefcake

Chavo Guerrero Jr

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Christian

Davey Boy Smith

Diesel

Dynamite Kid

Eddy Guerrero

Edge

Goldust

Greg Valentine

HHH

Hulk Hogan

Jacques Rougeau

Jake Roberts

Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett

Jerry Lawler

John Bradshaw Layfield

Kane

Kurt Angle

Marty Jannetty

Matt Hardy

Mick Foley

Mr. Perfect

Owen Hart

Paul Orndorff

Randy Orton

Randy Savage

Razor Ramon

Rey Misterio

Ric Flair

Rick Martel

Rick Rude

Rikishi

Ricky Steamboat

Rob Van Dam

The Rock

Roddy Piper

Savio Vega

Sgt Slaughter

Shawn Michaels

Steve Austin

Taka Michinoku

Ted DiBiase

Tito Santana

Tully Blanchard

Ultimate Warrior

Undertaker

Vader

Val Venis

Yokozuna

Yoshihiro Taijiri

Jimmy Snuka would be a good addition. Also, from looking at the list, Brian Pillman is missing. So is Marc Mero. I only mention him because I wouldn't have Savio Vega in there. Another consideration would be Al Snow.

Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham and Dan Spivey were also pretty fromidable in the early goings of rock n' wrestling. Also, if you were to include Sgt. Slaughter, would you include Junkyard Dog as well... even though his best matches and angles were with Watts?

Damn, also remembering the Killer Bees.

Guest Some Guy

I would take DK out and put in Sid. DK didn't really have any great matches that I'm aware of in WWF and Sid had two world title reigns and MEed in both on his runs there.

Please, so it'll be easier, if you're making suggestions, please type them like this so I can make the qualifying matches easier.

In: Wrestler X

Out: Wrestler Y

Thanks.

Dynamite Kid had loads of great matches with the British Bulldogs. They're the most famous WWF team of the 80s, with possibly only Demolition getting higher. I'm going to fight you on that one.

Sid deserves inclusion though. Every other person to hold the World title since 1985 (except Vince McMahon) is somewhere on this list.

So, who gets turfed to make room for Sid?

What did Jimmy Snuka do after 1985? He peaked in the late 70s/early 80s.

Brainbusters made a definite impact, actually, winning the tag titles and having the feud of the year with the Rockers. They deserve to be here.

As for JYD, US Express, Taijiri, Brainbusters, etc -- Please make a suggestion for who to turf if you're pleading the case for someone to get included. Please make a suggestion for who to include if you want someone turfed. Refer to the format above.

Thanks.

Thoughts on all the missing wrestlers:

Taijiri isn't a must, but I'm not sold on Snuka replacing him. I'd be fine with replacing him with Marc Mero though. We'll do a qualifying match on that.

Brian Pillman was SHIT in the WWF.

We'll do a qualifying match with Val Venis and Al Snow.

Mike Rotunda should be included (he had a run in the mid 80s as a tag champ and also had a second run as IRS). Who should be his qualifying opponent? How about Savio Vega?

Sgt. Slaughter held the World title. Every other world champion from this era is here with Sid now being included.

Terry Funk is the most glaring omission to me. He has a stronger case than JYD. Had a big run against Hogan in 85/86 and came back for another memorable run with Foley in '98.

How about this for qualifying matches?

Marc Mero v Yoshihiro Taijiri

Val Venis v Al Snow

IRS/Mike Rotunda v Savio Vega

Terry Funk v Rikishi

Brainbusters v Killer Bees

Turf Jacques Rougeau for Sid.

Sound good?

Guest Some Guy

In: Sid, two time WWF champion, a MEer in 92, 95, 96, and 97. Had memorable (for better or worse) matches with Hogan, Nash, HBK and Bret. MEed two WMs and several (about ten) other PPVs.

Out: Beefcake, I know that he had a long run (about 8 years) but in the end he is totally forgettable. Outside of cutting Adrian Adonis' hair, his feuds with Honky and Perfect, and his friendship with Hogan he did absolutely nothing of note. Beefcake MEed 1 PPV (Summerslam 89) as Hogan's partner against Savage and Zeus and got the semi-main event, once again as Hogan's partner at WM 9 againt Money Inc. Without Hogan he was pretty much nothing but a midcarder with a goofy gimmick.

In: JYD, he was the number 2 face in the company behind Hogan in 87

Out: Val Venis, what has he done outside of a few quality matches (the cage match with Rikishi stands out)?

I'd say that the Hart Foundation and Demolition are more famous than the Bulldogs, but I don't care if DK is left in and I won't argue for any of those guys to be included, since Bret obviously already is and the rest made an impact but not all that much in the grand scheme of things. He was the first guy I saw when I thought of Sid. DK got screwed by me because of the alphabet.

Fuck, Some Guy opened it up...

IN: Adrian Adonis

OUT:Bad News brown

Bad News was a badass that did jackshit in the WWF. Um.. Battle Royale of Mania 4? Kicked Vince's ass?

Adonis on the other hand was a fine worker in his day, was part one of the greatest anges that I think paid off in the ring. Granted, most of his pimped matches happened before 1985 but it is fucking Adrian Adonis!!!

IN: Don Muraco

OUT: Greg valentine

This was hard for me to do but in 1985, and even early 1986, Muraco was the workhorse. His most famous matches occurred before 1985 but he was still integral to the product during the rise of rock n' wrestling. Valentine, on the other hand, was not doing the best matches of his career at this time either. The Bulldogs match from WM2 was probably the best match I saw him in from this time period.

Fuck, another one to consider...

IN: Honkytonk Man

OUT: Jerry Lawler

HAHAHA! Fucking kicking cousins. anyway, I would think Honkytonk was more important in the ring than Lawler ever was in the WWF. Lawler was a WWF announcer, not a wrestler. All of his best moments happened in Memphis long before he became King of Puppies.