Pro Wrestling Only

Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man

Frankensteiner

Battle for Respect

Latin Lover, Heavy Metal, & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Madonna's Boyfriend, Fuerza Guerrera, Psicosis

When World's Collide - November 6, 1994

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

ECW Hardcore - TV September 26, 1995

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera

ECW Hardcore TV - February 6, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko

Great American Bash - June 16, 1996

Nitro - July 8, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimate Dragon

Hog Wild - August 10, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Super Calo

Fall Brawl - September 15, 1996

Halloween Havoc - October 27, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Starrcade - December 29, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimate Dragon

Spring Stampede - April 6, 1997

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero

Halloween Havoc - October 26, 1997

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero

World War 3 - November 23, 1997

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera

Thunder - January 15, 1998

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Chris Jericho

Souled Out - January 24, 1998

Winner Will Earn a WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

Road Wild - August 8, 1998

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Blitzkreig

Nitro - February 8, 1999

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

SmackDown! - July 25, 2002

Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle

SummerSlam - August 25, 2002

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy

SmackDown! - June 5, 2003

Rey Mysterio vs. Tajiri

SmackDown! - January 1, 2004

The Great American Bash - June 27, 2004

WWE Tag Team Championship

Rey Mysterio / Eddie Guerrero vs. The Bashams

No Way Out - February 20, 2005

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Judgment Day - May 22, 2005

Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show

Rey Mysterio vs. Shawn Michaels

RAW - November 15, 2005

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton

WrestleMania 22 - April 2, 2006

World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Judgment Day - May 21, 2006

Falls Count Anywhere Match

No Mercy - October 8, 2006

I Quit Match

SmackDown! - October 20, 2006

Slightly dissappointed; was hoping that Eddie/Rey Smackdown match would have made the DVD.

Wow, that's kinda disappointing. Why are there so many overlaps with other WWE discs?

Latin Lover, Heavy Metal, & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Madonna's Boyfriend, Fuerza Guerrera, Psicosis, When World's Collide - November 6, 1994

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko, Great American Bash - June 16, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko, Nitro - July 8, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero, Halloween Havoc - October 26, 1997

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero, SmackDown! - July 25, 2002

These were all already on the 619 dvd, and anyone who's a big enough Mysterio fan to buy the new disc already owns that one. I'm sure the ECW matches are otherwise available too. I only counted six matches that haven't already been released on commercial video in some form. Why does the WWE do that? Instead of digging up obscure forgotten gems, they tend to put mostly the same collection of big matches on their DVDs over and over again. It's not like their tape library is too small for them to produce some unseen material that nobody except the couple dozen people who watched Thunder that one night have seen.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am disappointed that the 06/23/05 Smackdown match isn't on there.

Wow, that's kinda disappointing. Why are there so many overlaps with other WWE discs?

Latin Lover, Heavy Metal, & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Madonna's Boyfriend, Fuerza Guerrera, Psicosis, When World's Collide - November 6, 1994

These were all already on the 619 dvd, and anyone who's a big enough Mysterio fan to buy the new disc already owns that one. I'm sure the ECW matches are otherwise available too. I only counted six matches that haven't already been released on commercial video in some form. Why does the WWE do that? Instead of digging up obscure forgotten gems, they tend to put mostly the same collection of big matches on their DVDs over and over again. It's not like their tape library is too small for them to produce some unseen material that nobody except the couple dozen people who watched Thunder that one night have seen.

I counted 14 that haven't been on previous DVD releases.

The Psicosis ECW match was on one of the Pioneer sets back in the day. Not sure about the Juvi match, as it wouldn't shock me if it's the same match that was on another Pioneer set but (in classic WWE fashion) they fucked up the date.

Anyway, I've never seen the Rey-JBL match that's listed, but am looking forward to after reading Phil Schneider's review at Segunda Caida.

The Psicosis ECW match was on one of the Pioneer sets back in the day. Not sure about the Juvi match, as it wouldn't shock me if it's the same match that was on another Pioneer set but (in classic WWE fashion) they fucked up the date.

Anyway, I've never seen the Rey-JBL match that's listed, but am looking forward to after reading Phil Schneider's review at Segunda Caida.

S.L.L wrote the review not me, it is a great match though

S.L.L wrote the review not me, it is a great match though

Stupid error on my part, especially since S.L.L is mentioned in the title. Nice write-up, S.L.L, and apologizes for my own mis-credit.

• 1 month later...

Picked this up today, and already got a laugh: In the liner notes (that list each chapter and such), whereever it's supposed to say "Guerrero" (e.g. Eddie, Chavo), it says "Guerrera".

Pretty funny considering they have a Guerrero in their own Hall Of Fame and should be able to notice shit like that.

Guest The Unholy Dragon

I think it's kind of odd they didn't include the rematch from Smackdown.

It's not on any releases, and means more since it was the kayfabe reason behind JBL's retirement.

Also.........

It's on there, according to the liner notes, making the total 29 matches.

It's not listed in the chapter menus, is it an easter egg?

Really?! It's listed for me, both in the notes and the chapters menu on Disc 3. (I also looked around, but couldn't find any easter eggs, which seems common for these types of WWE sets that are a 3-disc main program.)

It goes right after the Judgment Day '05 match (Rey introduces it as one of his favourite matches with Eddie) and it's followed by the Eddie Tribute match with Michaels.

So I guess that whole period in WCW where Rey was maskless and teaming with Kidman has been swept into the Chris Benoit Memorial Vault of Things That Don't Exist Anymore?

Always has been, to an extremely large extent (the only time I ever saw Rey footage from that era in a WWE production was on that Monday Night Wars DVD, where they showed a rear shot of him waving goodbye to the crowd).

That's the thing that annoyed me about the 619 set. Rey walked around during the bio without the mask and they blurred his face because they didn't want to desecrate the tradition of the mask.

My question is what will 24/7 do when the Monday Night War reaches March 1999 and they're forced to acknowledge it?

If I had to bet on what will happen, they'll give it the Benoit treatment (no Rey matches, any reference to Rey at that time, or Rey losing the mask will be censored out).

I will note that in the DVD set being talked about, they forgot to take out one Benoit reference, but it was during the first match versus Malenko, when Tenay was running down a list of junior heavyweights. There's lots of commentary removed in some matches, though. (The most was removed in the Spring Stampede 97 match versus Ultimo. Also, in the WM22 match, they reference Orton becoming the youngest world champ, but remove the Benoit part too.)

I'd be remiss to note that one of the cool things about this set is the inclusion of all the entrances. This is significant because it shows, more than any other WWE release, IMO, how far ahead of the game Eric Bischoff was in 1996. They had some really, really cool sets and backdrops (at HH96, it looks like Malenko and Mysterio are literally walking from a dark grave site towards the ring, for example). Compare that to the lame sets the WWF had for the major PPVs and the even more lame backdrops for the IYH sets.

Also.........

It's on there, according to the liner notes, making the total 29 matches.

It's not listed in the chapter menus, is it an easter egg?

Really?! It's listed for me, both in the notes and the chapters menu on Disc 3. (I also looked around, but couldn't find any easter eggs, which seems common for these types of WWE sets that are a 3-disc main program.)

It goes right after the Judgment Day '05 match (Rey introduces it as one of his favourite matches with Eddie) and it's followed by the Eddie Tribute match with Michaels.

My bad, with all the quoting I thought you were talking about the JBL retirement match.

Also, I got the set from Netflix and the disc sleeves reference Chris Benoit as one of Rey's opponents. Thought that was kind of hilarious considering the current situation.

Speaking of Benoit, the mention of him that's left uncensored reminds me of what they're doing on 24/7. It seems that they're deliberately allowing a few mentions to slip by just to gauge the reaction. I bet if there's no uproar, he'll be allowed to be acknowledged within 6 months.

Picked this up today, and already got a laugh: In the liner notes (that list each chapter and such), whereever it's supposed to say "Guerrero" (e.g. Eddie, Chavo), it says "Guerrera".

Pretty funny considering they have a Guerrero in their own Hall Of Fame and should be able to notice shit like that.

They got it right on the back cover at least. My guess is they sent the match listings to the design folks, and they made a mistake. The first couple of matches feature Fuerza and Juventud Guerrera, so if you're not paying close attention that can happen.