Pro Wrestling Only

Buzz Sawyer vs Brock Lesnar

Loss

Buzz Sawyer vs Brock Lesnar  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you rank higher?

• Buzz Sawyer
    • Brock Lesnar

I voted for Brock. Buzz is a guy who's usually struck me as awesome in theory, disappointing in practice. He was this legit lunatic with freaky athleticism for his body type, but aside from a few stellar matches in Mid-South and Georgia, I don't see a ton of meat to his career. He was never as good as Brock was in his first run, and though I don't want to get into another debate with Matt about Brock's later run, his best matches from that stretch feel more special to me than Buzz's greatest hits. 

This is an interesting and difficult one. 

I think both will make my list, but I think Buzz deserves to be higher. Buzz’s to end matches with people like Duggan, Rich, and Reed stand alongside Brock’s best. 

Additionally I have seen Buzz be asked make matches with people like Pez Whatley and Brian Adias interesting and pull it off. Brock has rarely been put in that position and on the other hand will sink a match that has all kinds of support around it if he is not interested. 

I'm a fan of the Buzz I've seen in Midsouth and even in squash matches but admittedly have no sense of what's out there that I may not have seen.  What Brock's become the past few years working sub-10 minute matches is almost useless.  Yet even accounting for that this is a comp that Brock takes handily and I still find myself hard-pressed to keep Brock out of the top quarter or third of my ballot.  Incredible athleticism and presence that make his matches feel like more of a spectacle than most are capable of. 

But he's also an incredible and diverse seller.  Whether bouncing around the ring, staggering to stay on his feet as Reigns throws shots at him at Mania 31 or selling a leg for Bryan, he can get you believing in just about any opponent regardless of size or booking because of how he sells over the course of a match.  commits he absolutely gets you believing in any opponent.  

One of the best big match performers of the decade.  You pair that with great matches against Rock, Rey and Angle and legitimately good matches against opponents like Hogan, Show and others on his all too brief first run and he'll rate very highly for me.

I'm a fan of the Buzz I've seen in Midsouth and even in squash matches but admittedly have no sense of what's out there that I may not have seen.  What Brock's become the past few years working sub-10 minute matches is almost useless.  Yet even accounting for that this is a comp that Brock takes handily and I still find myself hard-pressed to keep Brock out of the top quarter or third of my ballot.  Incredible athleticism and presence that make his matches feel like more of a spectacle than most are capable of. 

But he's also an incredible and diverse seller.  Whether bouncing around the ring, staggering to stay on his feet as Reigns throws shots at him at Mania 31 or selling a leg for Bryan, he can get you believing in just about any opponent regardless of size or booking because of how he sells over the course of a match.  commits he absolutely gets you believing in any opponent.  

One of the best big match performers of the decade.  You pair that with great matches against Rock, Rey and Angle and legitimately good matches against opponents like Hogan, Show and others on his all too brief first run and he'll rate very highly for me.