Pro Wrestling Only

Aja Kong vs Vader

elliott

Who is better Aja Kong or Vader?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better GWE Candidate, Aja Kong or Vader?

• Aja Kong
    • Vader

Boss Rock really summed up my initial thoughts exactly.  For a while Aja was clearly the choice in my mind, but I have cooled just at touch. That isn't an insult at all. She just went from probably a sure top 15 to  somewhere between 15 and 50 for me.  At the same time Vader has slid up a bit in my mind, so this is really tough. This is one I would genuinely be interested in diving in a bit on sooner rather than later (just as soon as I get time to watch wrestling again and watch the other 500 things on my list). 

This has to be Aja for me because her and Vader have very similar strengths, with the one big difference between Aja's peak was twice as long and her longevity as in 'still capable of having very good/great matches here and then' wrestler is almost as long as anyone.

She has a bit more variety of performances too. I know Vader was always effective just being Vader, but then Aja was always effective just being Aja, but she could be more than that. She could cry, show emotional loyalty to her friends (see the tags with Bison against Bull), work comedy matches with Sakura Hirota, do a veteran puts over the new Ace with Meiko Satomura and show some complex conflicted emotions like she does in the Megumi Kudo match. It makes her a real multi-faceted character rather than just monster. I don't think Vader ever did stuff like that.

• 1 year later...