Pro Wrestling Only

Whatcha Watching, What Are You Going to Watch?

Grimmas

Right now I'm focusing more on joshi, not because I'm following any planned agenda or something, but because I'm enjoying almost every single match and/or wrestler I'm encountering and always want to watch more. I'm sure that, not only the most clear GWE joshi contenders will rank pretty high on my 2026 list, but also the last half of it will have more joshi wrestlers that I've ever expected before. Three new girls (new to me) that I'm specially enjoying their work are Devil Masami, Mariko Yoshida and Megumi Kudo.

Coincidentally alliteratively, Bryan, Bockwinkel, Brisco and Bob Backlund, which makes me think going through the nominees list alphabetically might be easiest. I'm behind on pre-WWE Bryan, hugely impressed by the little Bock I've seen, going to watch Jack Brisco thanks to a recent suggestion, and I love me some Bob Backlund. I'm up-to-date on Bruiser Brody and Bam Bam Bigelow, thanks ;)

8 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Right now I'm focusing more on joshi, not because I'm following any planned agenda or something, but because I'm enjoying almost every single match and/or wrestler I'm encountering and always want to watch more. I'm sure that, not only the most clear GWE joshi contenders will rank pretty high on my 2026 list, but also the last half of it will have more joshi wrestlers that I've ever expected before. Three new girls (new to me) that I'm specially enjoying their work are Devil Masami, Mariko Yoshida and Megumi Kudo.

Oh there is so many people I want to know about from your watching! Please share who you've liked major or not major!

Some more minor ones I've loved are Kyoko Inoue from the past. If you go more modern there is a lot! Someone like Command Bolshoi has a really strong case for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the 80s Other Japan set, and despite the general thought that Takada didn't come out of that project looking great, outside of Fujiwara, he's the standout guy for me. His stuff with Maeda is on the same level as Fujiwara's, he's Yamazaki's best opponent, and he has the best matches with Sayama. Also considering Masashi Aoyagi for a bottom 5 spot for being the best bleeding guy in a karate gi. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working my way through the 80s AJPW, Lucha & NJPW sets alternating (2 discs AJPW, 2 Lucha, 2 NJPW, repeat.) Also one off matches of 70s AJPW, Joshi & some 95 WCW (yes on purpose why do you ask?) Not sure I'm finding anything unexpected, the names highly through of here are popping Fujinami, Hansen, Funk, Jumbo, Billy Robinson, Destroyer, Choshu. Struggling to follow lucha but Sangre Chicana & El Hijo del Santo look good in the little bits I've seen. Joshi has been random matches but Jaguar Yokota has impressed & Hokuto v. Kandori was tremendous. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, ZubazKid said:

Joshi has been random matches but Jaguar Yokota has impressed & Hokuto v. Kandori was tremendous. 

Oh Hokuto and Jaguar are both #1 candidates and damn you are lucky there is so much out there for you to discover.