Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - August 18, 2021

MoS

Do they officially announce CM Punk tonight? Or will they just be cute about it until Friday? 

Also lost amidst the Punk hype and teases is that Bryan Danielson should also be coming in soon? I wonder when they bring him in, and against whom. 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Do they officially announce CM Punk tonight? Or will they just be cute about it until Friday? 

Also lost amidst the Punk hype and teases is that Bryan Danielson should also be coming in soon? I wonder when they bring him in, and against whom. 

I believe the plan was to bring Bryan in for the stadium show in NYC. 

4 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

And Bryan better come out to the Final Countdown.

Technically his WWE theme is public domain classical music so he *could* use that, but I agree Final Countdown or bust. 

Also  I wonder with all the Last Dance references for Punk if he'll come out to Sirius on Friday.

Lol so why were Mox and King randomly making their way to the ring? That's not how AEW books its openings. The opening is always a fixed segment, whether a match or something else. It's not like Raw with people randomly coming to the ring to open the show.

Sting looks great! This crowd is hot for the match, and even the heels got a great reaction

Just now, MoS said:

Lol so why were Mox and King randomly making their way to the ring? That's not how AEW books its openings. The opening is always a fixed segment, whether a match or something else. It's not like Raw with people randomly coming to the ring to open the show.

Probably to give 2.0 some heat since obviously no one thinks they have a chance against Sting and Darby, which is fine. Especially if it leads to Mox/Eddie murdering 2.0 next week, 

Help me understand, Texan/American people, if you are from one major part/city of Texas, are you the hometown boy everywhere in Texas? Not related to Sammy but in general. Would Dallas would consider, say, a San Antonio guy their own? They do have different NBA teams. 

It's really pretty wild how good Sting looked in WWE and now AEW after years on the shelf from a spine injury, now 62 years old, when you compare it to the last 2 or 3 years in TNA where he looked so washed up and tired and out of shape. I know he's not really doing much tagging with Darby but I remember the end of his TNA run doing the scorpion on one guy and he couldn't even stand with it because he was so gassed even in 5 minute tv matches.

Just now, MoS said:

Help me understand, Texan/American people, if you are from one major part/city of Texas, are you the hometown boy everywhere in Texas? Not related to Sammy but in general. Would Dallas would consider, say, a San Antonio guy their own? They do have different NBA teams. 

Texans tend to consider them selves Texan above all else, they really only make a distinction if both guys are from Texas then you go by city. 

Jericho looked so uncool and old in that backstage promo. He has never really been able to have a truly great babyface run. I think it's because for a swarmy/cocky heel to also be a great face, they have to be cool. And Jericho has just never been cool enough

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Jericho looked so uncool and old in that backstage promo. He has never really been able to have a truly great babyface run. I think it's because for a swarmy/cocky heel to also be a great face, they have to be cool. And Jericho has just never been cool enough

He's such a natural heel it just feels wrong for him to be a babyface. He can get a pop and do a babyface promo here and there, but it's just not in his DNA to be a babyface and doesn't look or feel natural doing it. I call it Randy Orton Syndrome. 

Thunder Rosa was awesome as usual. It always cracks me up that Texas has a history of embracing Mexican wrestlers as their own, since.....well.... you know.  You would think they would have the opposite reaction but it's been that way for pretty much the entire history of pro wrestling.