Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - September 3, 2021

gordi

The four men announcing team is a mess but in a fun WCW way. But a mess nonetheless, Excalibur & Taz by themselves would be so great. I understand the idea of stockpiling stars to make it fell like a special night every week though, but still. Henry speaks in soundbites only, he really should be given another role (like, keep on using his social web to get stars on the shows apparently).

As much as I enjoy Statlander, I'm afraid the women match is gonna pale considering all the legit great stuff on paper. Thunder Rosa would have been a much better choice for this show which has "greatest AEW show ever" marked all over. 

Funny how Miro redeemed (see what I did) his character after confusing first months. I honestly had very few doubt he would, because that's been AEW's track record thus far, but still, he's basically having the best days of his career (sure, the Cena stuff was obviously bigger but it also led nowhere and he wasn't nearly as good as he is now). Hope CJ eventually shows up as Daenerys or something. Also, I've notice an improvement with music production over the last few months, Miro's new music is pretty awesome, with a  great Age of Empire vibes (boomer ref I know, but it's a classic game and this horns just reeks of "attack ! attack !").

Dustin vs Malakai should be a blast. They did not screw around with Andrade vs PAC, dropping it as soon as next week on tv (really now, why don't they keep announcing it for the PPV even though they know it won't happen, that's what a professional company who respects its audience would do).

That bump by Darby was legit insane. If Mick Foley was a sk8ter boi.... So 2.0 spent time in 205 Live purgatory (can you picture if Kota Ibushi signed with WWE after the Cruiserweight classic a few years back, how it would have killed his career dead ?) ? And they show up here and totally rule and rub off shoulders with main event guys. And they are Quebec boys too like the Dark Order main team ? Pretty cool. 

Yeah, Rampage has been a blast. The one hour format is soooo easy to watch too. That's what I loved about LU too.

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Drunk people assume everyone else wants to be drunk too. As a teetotaler, it's a problem I've run into frequently.

This. I'm not a teetotaler but I rarely drink and the assumption that everyone wants to be drunk in public always amuses me. 

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Drunk people assume everyone else wants to be drunk too. As a teetotaler, it's a problem I've run into frequently.

Even if presented with someone who’s lack of drinking is very much part of both his character and IRL public persona?  And it’d be worse if Punk was an admitted recovering alcoholic, as opposed to just plain Straight Edge.  

I mean sure someone is drunk and stupid, but sometimes knowledge of surroundings kick in by instinct, or someone less drunk tells them.

It was just a kind of dumb/kind of drunk guy trying (and failing) to be friendly. It's not like there was any malicious intent. I'm glad it happened, because I got a couple of really good laughs out of it. Puns facial expressions in that clip are perfect. 

6 hours ago, gordi said:

It was just a kind of dumb/kind of drunk guy trying (and failing) to be friendly. It's not like there was any malicious intent. I'm glad it happened, because I got a couple of really good laughs out of it. Puns facial expressions in that clip are perfect. 

Good thing he’s a baby face right now!  Can you imagine what a heel Punk might improvise up in that spot?