Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - October 27, 2021

MoS

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

Oh come on, did Fish really need to be protected with that kickout right after the pin? I know Punk was selling the knee, but still. 

I noticed that too, if I was Punk that would warrant a "what the fuck, bro?" from me. 

Punk did great in the match doing his old Bret Hart selling the knee tribute. It's just that I find Bobby Fish just so... mediocre. He really epitomizes mid for me. 

That MJF angle was great, and one of the big reasons why is because Sting is such a likeable babyface. Heinously attacking him means far more than heinously as attacking Jericho. 

12 minutes ago, MoS said:

Punk did great in the match doing his old Bret Hart selling the knee tribute. It's just that I find Bobby Fish just so... mediocre. He really epitomizes mid for me. 

Honestly, Ethan Page does the same for me. The difference is I can buy Fish as a mid level guy temporarily hanging with the main guys, while Ethan I just can't. Maybe it's the Impact stigma or him mainly being a tag guy, but I just don't buy him as someone who can hang with the main eventers.

Excalibur with one from the back catalog tonight for sure. Only Darkness Dragon/k-ness fans from over twenty years ago care about a “Thunderbird” Brett Como reference in 2021.

Yes, I KNOW that it wasn’t Brett Como under the mask.  It was always MAKOTO~!  We were a much less connected society online back then.  

It is awesome that my autocorrect thought that I was going to type COMOROTO by default.  Autocorrect knows!

I managed to use the Jericho promo to catch a couple of runs for Houston in the World Series, so grateful for that. Baseball will never be as good as cricket, but it's a pretty entertaining sport. In terms of the major American sports, I rank it second behind basketball.

14 minutes ago, MoS said:

I managed to use the Jericho promo to catch a couple of runs for Houston in the World Series, so grateful for that. Baseball will never be as good as cricket, but it's a pretty entertaining sport. In terms of the major American sports, I rank it second behind basketball.

That's fascinating, most folks from other countries I've run into find baseball too obtuse to get into on more than a "throw the ball, hit the ball" level. I guess there's enough in common with cricket to smooth the transition. 

Yeah, same with how most people not born in countries with a strong cricket tradition feel the same about cricket's rules. I would say the concept of batters trying to complete runs and, the fielding side trying to catch out, run out, or bowl/strike out the batter by the bowler/pitcher. Cricket sixes = baseball home runs too

I'm sure the Cornette types are stroking out over it, but that was awesome. You knew how that was going to end up and they didn't do any swerves, no bullshit, just gave you what you wanted to see and the fans went wild. Plus the match was pretty good too, costumes aside. 

The end with Hangman laying out the Elite was some "Vince taking a million Stunners while drowning in beer" shit and it RULED.