Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestle Kingdom 16

sek69

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Japanese bookies lurking here? What odds for a one-hour draw tonight leading to a three-way tomorrow?

Hey! Okada's jacket is an easter egg in the five minutes I've seen of the WWE Studios co-production,  "Rumble". Shoulda watched that instead of RAW this morning...

Okada vs Shingo was excellent as expected. Shibata vs ?, DT vs Goto/YOSHI-Hashi, and Despy vs Hiromu were all really good too. EVIL vs Ishii was the drizzling shits and the rest of the card was just fine. Decent show overall I'd say.

Also, I have not seen any of Ospreay since he had to vacate the title, and my God that promo was just awful.

11 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

It wouldn't be the first time a wrestler went into business for himself at WK. At WK7, Low Ki dressed up as Agent 47 for his IWGP junior title match without clearing it with the company beforehand and got fired as a result.

I remember that :lol:

If Shibata went into business for himself we needed a run in by Inoki or Gedo to stop the match and slap Shitaba while the Dome booed and started to riot.

Funny thing about the Shibata deal, is despite him saying that it was still very much an exhibition style match and it seemed like it was just done to get the audience used to seeing him in a regular match again. Any time an announcer says "is X going in to business for himself" as many times as Kevin and Chris did, then that person is very much not doing that.