Pro Wrestling Only

The End of an Era for the PWO Podcast Network (now known as PWOM)

So it's been quite a while since I've posted anything podcast related here. From 2013-2019 or so podcasting, and specifically wrestling podcasting, was a huge part of my life. It used to be a huge part of this board as well. Things started to decline post GWE for various reasons. Then 2020 hit. The combination of the pandemic and me losing interest in wrestling led to the feed changing. For the first time non-wrestling shows joined the feed (this is mainly why the name changed from PWO to PWOM), and after World Cast #100 in August 2020 I "retired" from podcasting.

For the last two years the feed, as PWOM, has continued. In about 2 weeks annual fees are due for Soundcloud. I decided (along with my longtime friend Travis, who has basically been in charge of the feed these last two years) that this will be last time I will renew the Soundcloud subscription. Things have been pretty quiet on the feed for a while now, no doubt. So this feels like the right time to wind things down.

However, the plan is to go out with a bang. Beginning in the new year, the countdown to August 2023 and the End of an Era will begin. The plan is to do a series of special shows revisiting old topics, featuring old contributors (myself included), and reviving old shows (temporarily at least). Expect to see At the Garden again for sure. I hope to coax a few longtime contributors to do a one time special comeback shows. The plan is to have fun and put a bow on this thing, exactly 10 years after the beginning in 2013.

First things first, I hope a few posters out there may be willing to throw a few bucks towards the last year of the feed. Any amount helps. PayPal [email protected] to donate. We only need $77 USD to hit our goal of $125.

Thank you and we hope to make the last year of the feed one to remember!

Kelly

2 hours ago, Reel said:

Any plans for what's going to happen to the shows after the feed dies next year? I'd hate to see them disappear. Upload them to YouTube maybe?

Titans of Wrestling (plus At the Garden and Mount Olympus) and World Cast are on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and some other places with their own separate feeds.

Sounds like Johnny is interested in keeping it going beyond 2023

• 1 year later...

Thought I may as well update this

Obviously my grand plans for a farewell tour of pods never materialized. As it stands, I believe the feed will go dark at the end of August, when the latest subscription expires. Not sure what the future holds beyond that, but I do have a contingency plan in place. There may be some special shows near the end, but not sure