Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Crown Jewel 2022 - I will not be stopped

The Thread Killer

Lesnar vs. Lashley was awesome. Just two big guys beating the crap out of each other for a short but intense battle. I would take this any day of the week over a lot of the marathon geek spot matches in AEW that go through two commercials. These guys fought in WWE before? Was it any good? Now I want to see it.

I’m confused by the booking though. Lesnar attacked Lashley and cost him his title, but the fans are cheering him and booing Lashley and he’s acting like a heel. Based on the post match stuff, maybe they’ll fight again. Hopefully they do turn Lashley full heel and put him back with MVP.

Short, great match. Crap finish.

• The Thread Killer changed the title to WWE Crown Jewel 2022 - I will not be stopped

So the Women’s Tag Titles just changed hands I think? Didn’t they just change hands this past Monday? I really have not been following this stuff too closely so I have no idea if that was a big deal or not. I assume this was done primarily just to give the Saudis a title change on their big show. The match really wasn’t all that good, honestly. This whole deal with Evil Bayley and her henchwomen does absolutely nothing for me.

You really notice a huge difference watching WWE and AEW every week. The WWE promos and angles are generally SO staged and cheesy, just totally forced, fake and not compelling at all. I keep hearing this run for Bayley is supposed to be good, but it seems awful to me. The heel women in AEW have these guys beat by a mile. And that’s saying something because they’re not all that great either.

OH MY GAWD. Even the female ref has to wear long sleeves LOL. If the men in the crowd get one glimpse of her elbows they will RIOT.

OK, so there will be a ref in this match and there will be pinfalls and submissions but you can also escape.

This crowd is loud, give them that. Seems to be a lot more kids than the last Saudi show I saw.

31 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Lesnar vs. Lashley was awesome. Just two big guys beating the crap out of each other for a short but intense battle. I would take this any day of the week over a lot of the marathon geek spot matches in AEW that go through two commercials. These guys fought in WWE before? Was it any good? Now I want to see it.

I’m confused by the booking though. Lesnar attacked Lashley and cost him his title, but the fans are cheering him and booing Lashley and he’s acting like a heel. Based on the post match stuff, maybe they’ll fight again. Hopefully they do turn Lashley full heel and put him back with MVP.

Short, great match. Crap finish.

Yes, at this year's Rumble. It wasn't great, from my memory.

I really, really hate this WWE thing of guys delivering ridiculous “dialogue” during the match. SO CHEESY.

Man, Scarlett is really hamming it up out there. Does she always have metal spikes sticking out of her face now? Cole just compared her to Hellraiser.

Cole just called this match “slow and plodding” and he didn’t mean it as an insult, I swear.

I honestly don’t give a crap that they are running shows in Saudi Arabia, but the one part that I find ridiculous is the announcers periodically spouting out very obviously scripted propaganda, extolling the virtues of the country and all the different tourist locations.

3 minutes ago, BigBadMick said:

Yes, at this year's Rumble. It wasn't great, from my memory.

I liked this one, it reminded me of that match that Lesnar had with Joe years ago at “Great Balls of Fire” or the match that he had with Goldberg at Wrestlemania. Just high impact, power moves and short. Maybe seeing big guys beating each other up has become a novelty now since everybody has become so small over the last few years.

Kross is passable in the ring, at best. But his whole cornball demeanour and hammy “acting” totally ruin his act. He loses the match, his eyes bug out (Kenny would be proud) and he keeps shouting “THIS WASN’T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!” They seriously need to fire those TV writers they have.

I have to admit I did get a small chuckle out of the ending of the match. Scarlett locks the door, steals the key and points at Drew and shouts “You can’t win!”

So he just climbs out of the cage, and wins.

It’s weird, the crowd was very hot for the Judgement Day/O.C. match. At one point, they were actually chanting “This Is Awesome.” (Spoiler: It was not awesome.)

They are kinda dead for this match, for some reason. Omos just doesn’t get it, and he won’t stop with the hokey trash talk, either. The longer this goes, the deader the crowd gets.

EDIT: They came alive for the finish when Braun got the powerslam and pin.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

There was a Wyatt teaser during Bliss’s (awful stagey) promo which seems to be hinting at something with them again maybe?

I’m serious btw, Damage Ctrl look just like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in those bodysuits.

I just tuned in and Bayley's outfit is hilarious (as long as you don't think about the reasons she is wearing it).