Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Deadline 2022: Who will be the Iron Survivors?

C.S.

QnHoMmP.jpg

Men's Iron Survivor Challenge - Winner earns No. 1 Contender for NXT Title: Axiom vs. Carmelo Hayes vs. Grayson Waller vs. JD McDonagh vs. Joe Gacy  

Women's Iron Survivor Challenge - Winner earns No. 1 Contender for NXT Women's Title: Cora Jade vs. Indi Hartwell vs. Kiana James vs. Roxanne Perez vs. Zoey Stark  

NXT Championship Match: Bron Breakker © vs. Apollo Crews  

NXT Tag Team Title Match: Pretty Deadly © vs. The New Day  

Women's Match: Alba Fyre vs. Isla Dawn

Iron Survivor Challenge Match Rules

• Five Superstars will compete in this unique 25-minute match as they battle each other and the clock. 
  • Two Superstars will start the match, and every five minutes a new Superstar will enter the match until all five are in the ring. 
  • The goal is to have the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes. 
  • Falls can be won at any time via pinfall, submission, or disqualification. 
  • When a Superstar scores a fall, they will earn one point. 
  • However, when a Superstar loses a fall, that Superstar must pay the penalty. They are forced out of the ring and into a penalty box for 90 seconds. 
  • Once the 90 seconds are up, the Superstar can re-enter the match. 
  • The Superstar who has scored the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes will be named the Iron Survivor and become the No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship and NXT Women’s Championship, respectively.

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

One thing immediately stands out is whoever's coming in last in these matches is at a disadvantage since they have less time to gain falls. 

Which is why I think the last person in one of these matches will win it, for a more thrilling moment. 

38 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I guess Booker is trying to be heel commentator here, but he comes off more like "bitter former wrestler".

so he is shooting in other words

It seems like the only reason for McDonagh in the match is to make sure other people can score points.   Clearly they have given up on him

Waller winning makes sense since chances Hayes are moving up

Boy, that Axiom entrance is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I have seen in a while. My wife was watching on and off while scrolling TikTok and she looked up at the television and then at me then started laughing. She also swears that Devlin looked like a Roblox character. Which after seeing the shape of his head to his body. I can not unsee that. 

This PLE was pretty decent the tag match was good but after watching FTR/Brisco tear it up really hurt that match. Also weird seeing Ciampa chiming in that match was the best tag match he had seen in years according to his tweet. Oh well I guess New Day is on nXt now and going to be helping build younger teams up. That's a pretty good spot for them their act wasn't really doing anything after the Big E injury, and I guess The Usos will be holding the gold for a while anyways. So it makes logical sense to move New Day to nXt as that type of gatekeeping team .

Also is Woods still King of the Ring or is that dropped now?