Pro Wrestling Only

AEW/ROH TV 4/12 - 4/14

The Thread Killer

Oh by the way…for those of you who have been wondering “What happened to Action Andretti after he beat Jericho and then was briefly kind of involved in the Jericho/Starks feud?” He kind of vanished after that.

He showed up in ROH last night. The Kingdom have been working an ongoing feud with Top Flight, which I assumed was over since Dante Martin broke his foot at the PPV and is going to be out for quite a long time, I guess.

It looks like Action Andretti will be teaming with Darius Martin from this point on, and the feud will continue.

Orange Cassidy is the best active (by that I mean, having matches regularly, not on PPV every other month) champion in wrestling right now, as demonstrated by yet another terrific match with Buddy "Omegawish" Matthews. Give Julia Hart more to do. Bring Shane Douglas to teach these people on how to make the most out of valet at ringside (and that's including the TV directing, it's like the outside of the ring people never get any TV time at all during the matches, if they don't, then don't bring them out if they don't get showcased a little bit, even efficient reaction shots would be beneficial to sell some stuff that's happening, that's the basics, really, without going into interferences and such).

Athena is the best active champion too. She's just been a total treasure on ROH. That Ashley d'Amboise girl, who has been seen on IMPACT before, did quite a good job getting bitched around too, hopefully I get more of her, either in AEW/ROH or back in IMPACT (they signed Kilynn King and made her a tag champ after all). Although the "La creme de la creme" signature on her Insta is the living proof the French stuff is just gimmick (yeah, we don't use that wording, like, ever), but it's kinda cool nonetheless. 

Also on ROH, Claudio vs Metalik was the equivalent of, I dunno, Chris Benoit vs VIllano IV having a kick-ass match for the TV title on the main event of Thunder, so it ruled like that.

Wardlow destroying a car was lame as fuck though. So RAW 1999. Stop doing lame WWE shit on my AEW TV, come on now, you're way better than this.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:00 PM, El-P said:

"La creme de la creme" signature on her Insta is the living proof the French stuff is just gimmick (yeah, we don't use that wording, like, ever)

It's a phrase Americans think the French say.