Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/26 - 07/02 Remember when WWE got Jushin Thunder Liger?

KawadaSmile

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

And had him wrestle Tyler fucking Breeze? And it was a delightful match?

Wonder how hard it was to get that to happen. I just wanna watch Sheamus, Gunther and Roman mix it up with some outsiders, man

Probably wasn't as hard as you'd think, working for WWE was a bucket list thing for Liger and he has 'do whatever you want because you're a legend" status in New Japan. 

I'm dumb or I missed something but I still don't understand how Sasha ended up in NJPW. Did WWE actually release her from her contract? That is what I am missing...why did they allow that to happen? It feels like she's still under contract with WWE, and they just told her they'd allow her to get the Japan stuff out of her system. That's why she hasn't appeared on Forbidden Door or teamed with AEW talent.

It seems she was indeed released last June, as both parties (Sasha/Naomi and WWE) couldn't or wouldn't work on an agreement. Since they usually have that six-month freeze clause on wrestlers' contracts, the dates kinda check out. I wouldn't say they are not feeling her absence, but I think it's worked well enough for both parties, specially Mercedes. Being able to work against wrestlers she's certainly watched and being well paid is dope.

I get the impression Sasha/Mercedes has some dirt that allowed her to get out of her WWE deal with no strings attached, since even Brock had to sue to get out of his back in the day. 

56 minutes ago, MLB said:

That's why she hasn't appeared on Forbidden Door or teamed with AEW talent.

She wasn't there because she got injured in the NJPW Strong women's title match. WIllow shoot-won the title since it wasn't the plan for her to be the first champ. Sasha would have made an AEW apparence by now most likely if not for that. 

16 minutes ago, sek69 said:

She wasn't there because she got injured in the NJPW Strong women's title match. WIllow shoot-won the title since it wasn't the plan for her to be the first champ. Sasha would have made an AEW apparence by now most likely if not for that. 

Ok thanks, I wasn't aware she had been dealing with an injury. That makes sense.

I'd think even an injured Mercedes cutting a promo at FD would've gotten a lot of buzz, no?

Then again, seeing the context now it would be awkward for her to be like, "Hey America! Haven't seen you in a while but I lost my title in Japan and now I'm hurt, see ya soon!" Probably better to leave her off, I get it.  

Not a fan of wrestlers sitting in a make-up chair for an hour before backstage interviews (hi, Cody!). No-one's gnarled and scarred and rugged and weather-beaten and brutalised by life anymore. Fucking Cody - 37 years old and not a scratch on him?

10 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

No-one's gnarled and scarred and rugged and weather-beaten and brutalised by life anymore.

This is one of the reasons I still follow deathmatch wrestling because it's loaded with those types like Necro, Alex Colon, and Masada.