Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 11/1 - 11/4 - Remember, Remember

Timbo Slice

It was a perfectly easy to watch episode of AEW Thunder. AR Fox vs Swerve made me feel old thinking back at their LU INSANE match (nice to have Swerve refer to his LU past during his promo about Penta). Archer vs Darby was exactly why Archer needed to be on my TV instead of Wardlow. I dunno about Jake the Snake cutting promos in 2023. Suck for the guy he can barely talk anymore. Give me more Righteous too (but where the fuck is Stu Grayson ? He joined them on ROH, then they had that match against Dark Order and then... he vanished again). Main event was fun. Rush needs to be pushed as a single guy rolling over people like he's Bruiser Brody. He overshadowed everybody in there. Emi Sakura on my TV is always welcomed. The 6 men with Sabian & the Workhorsemen vs Mark Briscoe, Dustin & Keith Lee was wonderfully random. More of this shit please. Acclaimed vs Castle & the Boys could have been an actual program, but hey, fun nonetheless I guess.

What this show did was set up tons of really cool (even fucking great on paper) stuff for Dynamite next week. Yeah, that's what I want. Cool matches and random shit (and no Flair needed). Be an enjoyable and fun distant number two pro-wrestling promotion for hardcores, let WWE have its ways being this global entertainment conglomerate opening stores in Djeddah or whatever. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:05 PM, strobogo said:

Big Show looked borderline late stage Andre immobile. His hips and knees look completely fucked. I remember something about when he's done the pre-show things, he has to sit whenever not on camera because he can't stand for more than a few minutes without being in pain. I'm sure Ibushi will try a phoenix splash standing on his shoulders or something, though.

Visually speaking he might be even worse. He's done enough already, there's no reason he should be wrestling again.