Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 11/8 - 11/11: Insert Veterans Day Joke Here

Timbo Slice

I get the live reaction reason for 2.0 interrupting DG's dancing and handshakes but....they're still going by Daddy "Hard Nipples" Magic and Cool Hand Ang with his switch blade comb and those things seem awfully sports entertainmenty in a way I can't really understand what their motivation is to constantly stop Garcia doing his stuff.

12 minutes ago, strobogo said:

they're still going by Daddy "Hard Nipples" Magic and Cool Hand Ang with his switch blade comb and those things seem awfully sports entertainmenty in a way I can't really understand what their motivation is to constantly stop Garcia doing his stuff.

Because I think that ended up costing them matches lately... I think. That's as good a reason I could dig up. Because otherwise, yeah, it's just totally ass-backward considering what the whole gimmick of the group is. Of course as a pure dynamic it works wonders and the day Garcia pops Daddy Magic in the face and does the dance the pop is gonna be huge, so there. I do think Daddy Magic blames Garcia for costing them (and himself) matches lately because of it though...

Lol, I think the only matches 2.0 have won since June were matches with Garcia in them. Not that I watched Dark, but 2.0 vs the Outrunners seems like the kind of feud that would be perfect for such a show and something in 20 years that people on a message board such as this would talk up as a lost gem feud. 

I've been asking for a round robin, G1 style tournament from AEW almost since their inception so I'm glad TK finally pulled the trigger on it.

Yes, Tony has basically killed any appeal a tournament can have in his promotion, specially after all the tourneys he's booked this year. But hey, I'ma be back to watching so he's got my attention at least.

Also, I'm sure the Continental Classic ain't gonna sell a single ticket by itself (as a concept) but if the blocks are announced next week and TK finally books his top talent in it, then I'm sure some of the matchups will be able to boost some towns up if they have enough time and some good promotion behind it.

PS: New Japan is gonna be scared shitless for like 6 straight weeks. Everything points to Danielson's body not being able to take the 1 big match a week schedule anymore and that's exactly what's gonna be booked for, and juuust before WK. Also, no one should be surprised if Dragon does some dumb shit like taking off his protective mask or some other unnecessary risky spot just for his own amusement, lol.

With all the goodwill I have for AEW, I do fear this tournament will be more WCW than NJPW, I must say. :lol: The fact he only announced one guy thus far is already kind of a red flag to me. I still have PTSD from "no-bracket announced WCW tournaments". As long as it's not as ridiculously bad as the Bound for Glory series than TNA ran in the early 10's, it's ok.

And yeah. Okada vs Danielson is honestly the only thing looking like a major match at WK this year. Kidani and Gedo are gonna have a stressful end of year for sure. Hey, if anything happens, just send Omega.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

With all the goodwill I have for AEW, I do fear this tournament will be more WCW than NJPW, I must say. :lol: The fact he only announced one guy thus far is already kind of a red flag to me. I still have PTSD from "no-bracket announced WCW tournaments". As long as it's not as ridiculously bad as the Bound for Glory series than TNA ran in the early 10's, it's ok.

This tourney seems like TK giving Dragon the G1 he's never gonna have so I'm kinda hopeful it will be booked with more care and thoughtfulness than Tony gives any other tournament he has booked.

2 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

This tourney seems like TK giving Dragon the G1 he's never gonna have so I'm kinda hopeful it will be booked with more care and thoughtfulness than Tony gives any other tournament he has booked.

I did not think about it that way but you're absolutely right. This comes after Danielson said he realized that doing the G1 at this point of his career would not be reasonable anymore. Dragon sadge. Then Coach TK is like, don't cry little Dragon, I'll make you your own little G1 at home ! And you can be a part of All In next year too ! (please buy seats people)