Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 12/19-12-23 I SWERVE WHEN I DRIVE

sek69

Yeah, Swerve/Ospreay at Wembley seems like the natural direction to go when everyone is healthy.

Also, the best thing about Hangman was his entrance graphic having a different sentence every week. In hindsight, they probably should have put the belt on him sooner but he needed paternity leave IIRC. Kind of felt slightly cooler when they did put the belt on him. Especially when Danielson and Cole came in molten hot at All Out 2021

Loved Claudio vs Danielson. My favorite part was in the first half were they teased the giant swing a couple of times, with Dragon finding cool ways to avoid it and the Claudio finally doing it by just being too cotdamn powerful. The early hesitation on Claudio, who progressively got meaner and more violent -even headbutting Danielson's eye- to the point of that final exchange of stomps to the head was something that feels very fitting for two BCC members facing each other.

It was dope seeing and hearing the crowd go on their feet for the final few seconds, kinda shows that the CC concept really worked, they wanted to see Claudio win and advance.

García vs Brody was really good too and it was the perfect example of why a tournament like this can work on a bunch of levels. Both are eliminated but both are more over than when they started and in the case of García, he finally has a real connection with the fans after more than a year of never really getting there with the crowd.

Isn't it wild that at the end of 2023, an Eddie Kingston vs Bryan Danielson match on a Turner network is a thing at all? AEW really astounds me quite often at how many matches and feuds on not just cable but specifically the NWA/WCW network with Tony Schiavone calling them  are on a top 3 cable station in almost 2024 that would have been something I'd have popped for on czwfans message board nearly 20 years ago.

Continental Classic is all that and more. That's the way.

The Christian Cage angle is now totally ass-backward, with the audience booing Shayna Wayne despite her being completely in the right. Awesome promo by Christian despite the idiotic feel of the entire thing. Match is gonna be a clusterfuck, at least try make it an entertaining one after that whimper of a match they had.

Is it me of Thunder Rosa got kind of a lukewarm reaction ? Abadon getting a push to a PPV spot after having that terrible match with Shida is certainly a thing. I guess the Witch vs Living Dead Girl thingy, but still. Julia & Skye together can be pretty hot, both are over already.

Eddie gotta win that Triple Crown.