Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/19 - 02/25 Faz o L

KawadaSmile

So it was confirmed Shotzi tore her ACL in her match from tonight's NXT. All she did was jump from the apron to the floor and it gave out, reminded me of Sting's knee exploding just from him taking the last step off the cage back in the day.

There seems to be a rash of ACL injuries down there like there was tons of shoulder injuries back in the day. Seems like there might need to be an adjustment in how they train down there.

I don't hate #DIY, but I do think they're victims of NXT being vague "pseudo" canon. They don't deny their backstory, but, remember, their backstory involves legit attempts at maiming each other so its a little jarring to see them doing a full-blown updated version of The Rockers, two happy-go-lucky best friends that are undersized but technically skilled. 

Bringing most anyone from NXT to the main roster requires some version of a "soft reboot," but with them, its kinda difficult for me as a viewer to get excited about them when we got a very good, organic story of their rise to tag team glory (and nasty break-up and feud) already. Instead of feeling excited about what will undoubtedly be great matches ahead for #DIY, I'm more excited about a team like The Creeds, who still have a ceiling they haven't yet reached. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like #DIY peaked creatively, even if they didn't peak professionally (Gargano, in particular, could have years of great work ahead of him as compared to Ciampa, who has obviously had more serious injuries).

9 hours ago, DMJ said:

Bringing most anyone from NXT to the main roster requires some version of a "soft reboot," but with them, its kinda difficult for me as a viewer to get excited about them when we got a very good, organic story of their rise to tag team glory (and nasty break-up and feud) already. Instead of feeling excited about what will undoubtedly be great matches ahead for #DIY, I'm more excited about a team like The Creeds, who still have a ceiling they haven't yet reached. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like #DIY peaked creatively, even if they didn't peak professionally (Gargano, in particular, could have years of great work ahead of him as compared to Ciampa, who has obviously had more serious injuries).

To me the issue is that they are doing all of this again in 2024. Gargano went through that whole arc with Ciampa four years ago. It's a long, long time to be reverting that to plucky babyfaces (and don't get me wrong, Ciampa looking like that and doing those stupid skips down the ramp is ridiculous). 

Like, even with Pete Dunne they had a whole thing with him becoming Butch and being associated with different folks, only to then revert back to the Bruiserweight and work with Tyler Bate.

Also worth noting that not only Triple H insists on having DIY around, but the whole The Way stable is also still a thing, but without all the charm or anything to make it work. Gargano always comes across as snide, Candice is a bit boring, Indi hasn't been doing a single thing in forever, and the ones who essentially made that whole thing work are either absent (Lumis) or doing better things after finally finding their stride (Theory).