Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/21 - 05/27 GUNTHER vs Orton at the KOTR finals!

KawadaSmile

5 hours ago, Robert S said:

So I guess Gunther is going to win and proclaim himself as the Kaiser of the Ring?

They should have done that *before* the Lyon show and have Gunther in there. He would have been really popular there with that imagery...

5 hours ago, El-P said:

They should have done that *before* the Lyon show and have Gunther in there. He would have been really popular there with that imagery...

Depends on which Kaiser, as Austrian he should be the Austrian-Hungarian one and there I think you have to go back to Napoleon to get to armed warfare between the countries (or was there any WW1 front where K&K soldiers and French soldiers were killing each other? - also from what I read about WW1 and especially the two decades that preceded it, there were no innocent major countries drawn into the war; if at all then maybe UK). Anyway, after writing my post I realized that Marcel Barthel currently wrestles as Ludwig Kaiser, so no Kaiser Gunther I.

32 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Depends on which Kaiser, as Austrian he should be the Austrian-Hungarian one and there I think you have to go back to Napoleon to get to armed warfare between the countries (or was there any WW1 front where K&K soldiers and French soldiers were killing each other? - also from what I read about WW1 and especially the two decades that preceded it, there were no innocent major countries drawn into the war; if at all then maybe UK). Anyway, after writing my post I realized that Marcel Barthel currently wrestles as Ludwig Kaiser, so no Kaiser Gunther I.

Actually, I was just referring to the whole III Reich military imagery of Gunther and the fact that Lyon is infamous for being the French capital of neo-nazis and such. :lol: (And yes, I realize there was no Kaiser during that period)

I just hope they don't veer *too much* into that shit in Berlin, really, with the overall atmosphere in Europe right now, which stinks of brown. And I mean, WWE actually had some fleur de lys on their Backlash graphics, which really tells how much they don't know shit about the countries they go into. Sure, in Quebec the fleur de lys is basically simply what's on the Quebec flag (and I'm guessing it never goes any further in term of signification). In France, it's a HUGE red flag as it basically signals "royalists" aka extreme-right. Of course they probably had no idea and have this knowledge of France that is limited to Emily in Paris or something. So they figured, "Hey, we're gonna put up some fleur de lys because France and Quebec is the same, right ?". Hopefully they don't have some Schwarze Sonne somewhere in the presentation for Bash in Berlin because it looks like some cool germanic symbol and what have you. :lol:

17 minutes ago, El-P said:

Actually, I was just referring to the whole III Reich military imagery of Gunther and the fact that Lyon is infamous for being the French capital of neo-nazis and such. :lol: (And yes, I realize there was no Kaiser during that period)

I just hope they don't veer *too much* into that shit in Berlin, really, with the overall atmosphere in Europe right now, which stinks of brown. And I mean, WWE actually had some fleur de lys on their Backlash graphics, which really tells how much they don't know shit about the countries they go into. Sure, in Quebec the fleur de lys is basically simply what's on the Quebec flag (and I'm guessing it never goes any further in term of signification). In France, it's a HUGE red flag as it basically signals "royalists" aka extreme-right. Of course they probably had no idea and have this knowledge of France that is limited to Emily in Paris or something. So they figured, "Hey, we're gonna put up some fleur de lys because France and Quebec is the same, right ?". Hopefully they don't have some Schwarze Sonne somewhere in the presentation for Bash in Berlin because it looks like some cool germanic symbol and what have you. :lol:

Nah, they will go full SS-skulls - at the very least on HHH entrance. Seriously though, WWE going much further with Nazi aesthetics for the Berlin show could get them into big, big trouble. If not legal trouble than so much bad press that they could lose whatever TV deal they still have (as much as TV matters in 2024).