Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/10 - 06/16 ILJA VS BRON

KawadaSmile

I feel bad for the people who thought the TNA crossover would be something substantial. I don't see anyone from there ending up on main roster shows. For me, that's a plus because NXT is the show I follow most closely. Would love to see a Rascalz reunion. Joe Hendry would be fun too. I'd really like to see Josh Alexander come in and get some more exposure. 

Did anyone really believe it would be anything more than some TNA people showing up on NXT? Even at that, does anyone really believe this is going to amount to anything more than WWE evaluating which TNA folks they want to poach?

Jordynne is doing an open challenge on Against all Odds tomorrow which will likely be answered by someone from WWE/NXT as basically the tradeoff. Based off TV, I assumed it'd be Tatum Paxley but she's also hinted at Natalya. 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Did anyone really believe it would be anything more than some TNA people showing up on NXT? Even at that, does anyone really believe this is going to amount to anything more than WWE evaluating which TNA folks they want to poach?

Not so much here but I've seen plenty of people on Twitter acting like we'll get a true crossover. The treatment of Ethan Page (I know he's fresh from AEW but the point stands) alone shows what they think of anyone from outside WWE, no matter how much TV time they've had elsewhere. 

• 5 weeks later...

Iyo Skye vs. Valkyria was pretty good when they stuck to the chain wrestling and high flying.  A few times where they didn't quite get lined up properly and that thing they do now where they both just stop doing anything before a whip to the corner (explain this?) were small issues.  A bigger one is the strikes are almost snug.  They stop just short of that and it somehow makes it worse than if it missed by a mile.  I caught the same from the Smackdown with the QOTR final.  And it's not just the women.  Orton and Tama Tonga were a little better.  I like how they are protecting the workers more now with the bumps they take.  The trios match on that same show was kind of like a mash-up of WWE with M-Pro with how unsbstantial the exchanges were as the match went past 3 minutes or so.  Just run in, sprint through some stuff, then clear it for the next guy.  Also loved some of the newer uses of old classics in the Skye/Valkyria match.  Using roll-up counters as either a modified throw or to go from a victory roll into a double stomp was pretty awesome.

It's more advanced than the Trish/Jazz match I watched, but not better.  Trish and Jazz were laying their strikes in enough so you didn't doubt them.  They weren't doing super complex stuff, but it all looked on the level and you didn't catch somebody moving into position to take a move right.  I feel like maybe style has triumphed over substance a bit now.  I also don't love the stopping to pose all the damn time, but that's Sports Entertainment and how it has affected wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragunov vs. Breakker was pretty good.  I don't think Dragunov should be doing the coast-to-coast dropkick.  As much as they say he is Russian (and maybe he is), he's 100% Japanese with an emphasis on Kobashi in how he wrestles.  I really want that "run into the ropes neck-first off a whip" spot to go away.  Looks super dangerous and somebody is going to get hurt pretty bad.

So this section of the Observer update today sure seems like Priest was flash KO'd at Money In The Bank

"Priest told the New York Post recently that “there was a situation” that led to him not kicking out from Rollins’ Falcon Arrow moments before Drew McIntyre arrived to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase. He reportedly told the outlet that he “didn’t want to get into anything medical” concerning what happened, saying it was personal."

He says in that interview there was nothing outside that was supposed to happen.

"The idea that I forgot to kick out, that's not a thing," he said. "That's not a thing. We don't forget to kick out. Twenty years in, I'm pretty sure there is some kind of muscle memory there. So me forgetting was not the case. There was nothing outside that was supposed to happen. It was a matter of there was a situation, but I'm OK. Everybody's fine, the story continues."  "It doesn't affect anything," Priest said. "The show goes on and I think fans are very invested in everything that's going on. The ones that matter knew the situation and nobody thought twice about it. It was, 'move on'."