Pro Wrestling Only

Qualifying Match #3

Loss

Choose the wrestler who you think belongs more in a tournament of the greatest of the promotion from 1985 to 2005. Please do not factor their work in other companies into your decision. Voting will end Sunday at 12:00 CST. Please provide your answer with a mere name on the first line, and if you choose to elaborate, do so after making your pick. Thank you.

Savio Vega.

He was a solid, hispanic face. He drew a nice reaction for a couple of years without doing much of anything. He had a nice run in 96 against Goldust for the IC Title, and the Austin matches.

Guest teke184

IRS.

Rotundo was a great tag wrestler during the early years of the WWF national expansion as part of the US Express. He was also able to get a lot of heat as IRS during his early-90s return to the company.

Vega was just a giant ball of suck, as the only decent match I ever remember him having was the infamous strap match with Steve Austin shortly before Austin got his first big push in the WWF.

Guest Alfdogg

Mike Rotundo.

I always thought he was underrated on the mic during his IRS period. One half of Money Inc, IMO one of the best teams of the 90's. Vega had a decent looking wheel kick, that's about it.

IRS. I didn't mind Savio as much as others here do. His strap match with Austin was fine, but he also had a couple good matches with Goldust, IIRC. IRS had more of an impact, and was far successful. The team of Rotundo and DiBiase is one of my all-time favourites.

Guest Some Guy

IRS. He had a cheap heat gimmick and he ran with it. I never thought much of his ring work, but he was more sound than Vega. Savio has the Austin series to his credit, but that's it as far as good matches and Austin carried him.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Mike Rotundo

It's a shame that all people can remember is his run as IRS. Go back to pre-IRS Rotundo stuff, and see what the guy could do.