Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #2

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Brock Lesnar

Tough call here, but I voted based on Lesnar's working ability, plus the fact that Warrior somewhat contributed to the downswing of the WWF back in the day. Neither guy's title reigns were earth-shattering, although when Lesnar was heel, he was probably far better than when he was a goofy face. Tough one to pick, but I'll go Lesnar, since he had better matches, for the most part.

Brock Lesnar

Tough call here.

The Ultimate Warrior competed from 1988-1991, 1992 and 1996. Lesnar wrestled from 2002-04. Both were hot acts for a time, but flaked out and departed unexpectedly. I go with Lesnar because he was a better wrestler, I'd rather see him wrestle again, and he could reasonably go over the Warrior.

Guest The Man in Blak

Ultimate Warrior

It may not be the right vote, but it's my vote. In terms of drama and historical impact, Warrior's matches with Hogan and Savage eclipse anything that Lesnar brought to the table in his two year stint with the company. Lesnar's the better worker but Warrior was much more entertaining (not necessarily better) behind the microphone and in the ring. And, while Warrior's departure was mysterious and unexpected, Lesnar fled the WWE like a rat from a sinking ship once he realized he might have to actually, you know, give some of those jobs back.

The Ultimate Warrior

Wrestlemania VII with Warrior against Savage is better than Wrestlemania XIX with Lesnar against Angle. Maybe not the whole cards but those matches. The Warrior just had a presence about him. Yeah, Brock is the better worker but I have a lot of love for Warrior. I was such a mark for him. I didn't know what to do at Wrestlemania VI when he was going against Hogan. Who do I cheer for?

I think that Warrior had a bigger impact.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Both had the equal short-term impact, both were thought to be draws when they really weren't, and Brock was the far superior worker.

Brock was actually a pretty good draw for his time, and outdrew everyone else in WWE when it came to regular PPV's during his time on top. I have the numbers and the like from the Observer when Dave compared the numbers and I'll post them here if you like.

Brock Lesnar

For all of the negative things you can say about Brock, Warrior was so much of a cancer and disruptive influence that he cancels out whatever his positives were.

Guest KingPK

Damn. I'm going with Brock Lesnar here.

The in-ring ability is the tiebreaker here, as Warrior-Hogan is Dullsville USA to watch nowadays. I changed my vote about 4 times in this post though. I agree with HTQ that, though he was entertaining (in a psychotic way, but entertaining nonetheless), the fact that he skipped town so many times hurts him.

Guest HungryJack

Brock Lesnar

It's a shame he couldn't hack the schedule, he could have been BIG BIG BIG for the company for a long time.