Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #5

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Rick Martel

Martel had a memorable heel run and a memorable face run teaming with Tito Santana as well. Smash had an impact, but it was too tied into his partner, where Martel showed he was capable of succeeding as a singles star as well.

Rick Martel

Both guys are known for tag runs, but Martel's tag runs were longer when you go back to the Can-Am Connection days. Both that team and Strike Force were fun teams. I loved the Demos, but after their three year run, Smash bombed as a singles star. Martel had a silly gimmick, but still had some solid matches, with Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, and others.

Rick Martel

Another tough one here. Besides Smash, Barry Darsow had a run as the Repo Man. Does that count? It really does not matter, as Martel won WWE Tag Team Titles in the late 70s with Tony Garea, as well as his title with Tito Santana. And I did not think the Model was THAT bad of a gimmick.

Guest Alfdogg

Rick Martel

Ax was always a tag team wrestler, so either way I probably couldn't vote for him in good conscience. Martel's feud with Jake was HOT. Too bad it culminated in possibly the worst gimmick match of all time.

Rick Martel

If it were Demolition as a team it'd be a lot tougher. It isn't. "The Model" from Cocoa Beach, Florida is running away with this one. Martel was influential too. Blindfold match in WWF baby!

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Rick Martel

For the reasons previously stated. Outside of Demolition, all Smash did was be Repo Man, and that was terrible. Martel, however, had many tag title runs, and was an effective midcard heel.

Guest teke184

Rick Martel.

Martel was a multi-time tag champ (as part of Strike Force as well as a separate run with Tony Garea, I think).

He also had a sizable midcard run as The Model once he broke up with Tito Santana in 1989.

Demolition Smash was really over but only as part of Demolition. Once Demolition broke up, his career fell apart with gimmicks like Repo Man.

Guest Some Guy

Martel. Demolition probably had a greater influence for the short time they were around but Martel was around so long and was over to some degree the entire time. Demolition was way over and then they died quickly.