Pro Wrestling Only

Kenta Kobashi is back from cancer

Resident Evil

One thing the Wellness Policy will end up doing is start to condition fans to accept guys with more normal looking builds as stars. It's a bit jarring at first to see dudes with manboobs and potbellies, but after a while people won't be looking for superman bodies as the only ones who can be considered major stars.

Speaking of Bruce Lee, one of his more famous film fights was against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Since there was nearly a two foot difference in height, maybe WWE should look at that when booking "big guy vs small guy" matches.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at MMA, for example. Mirko Cro-Cop doesn't look physically intimidating at all. Neither did Kazushi Sakuraba, or any of the Gracies. But they sure as shit managed to beat a whole bunch of guys who were a lot bigger and more muscular than them.

Have you seen the absolute size of Cro Cop's legs in Japan? While on the juice his legs were absolutely immense, making his kicks all the more deadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to drag up an old topic but...

Kobashi used the moonsault four times after the Takayama defense, I believe.

vs Akiyama, 7/04 (Tokyo Dome match, then NOAH's biggest show ever.)

vs The Gladiator, 12/04 (This one is most questionable, since Mike Awesome hardly warranted it. I got the sense that he pulled it out to send the fans home happy, as they had reacted to the match as a disappointment to that point.)

vs Rikio, 3/05 (Rikio ends Kobashi's two-year title reign.)

w/Takayama vs Misawa/Akiyama, 12/07 (Kobashi returns from injury after missing a year and a half.)

I don't recall any other instance where he used it or even teased it, though I could be wrong on the latter.

Not to drag up an old topic but...

Kobashi used the moonsault four times after the Takayama defense, I believe.

vs Akiyama, 7/04 (Tokyo Dome match, then NOAH's biggest show ever.)

vs The Gladiator, 12/04 (This one is most questionable, since Mike Awesome hardly warranted it. I got the sense that he pulled it out to send the fans home happy, as they had reacted to the match as a disappointment to that point.)

vs Rikio, 3/05 (Rikio ends Kobashi's two-year title reign.)

w/Takayama vs Misawa/Akiyama, 12/07 (Kobashi returns from injury after missing a year and a half.)

I don't recall any other instance where he used it or even teased it, though I could be wrong on the latter.

Kobashi also used it against Kensuke Sasaki in June 2005.

Speaking of Bruce Lee, one of his more famous film fights was against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Since there was nearly a two foot difference in height, maybe WWE should look at that when booking "big guy vs small guy" matches.

Yeah but then they'd make the big guy a vampire.

Posted Image

.. I read in this topic that Kobashi had a kidney removed. It that true? Yikes. I don't know the affects of working on one kidney, but it can't be good. To be honest, as a fan I'd kinda wished Kobashi would retire rather than return for his future heath..