Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #16

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Shawn Michaels

Slaughter had a big run in 1991, but it fizzled out as soon as the Gulf War ended, and he was a dead fish after that. Michaels has had time on top, some great matches and has headlined some of the biggest shows in company history.

Damn, does Sarge's run with GI Joe count?

He was in the AWA at the time. Vince and Slaughter weren't on good terms around that time, I think over licensing rights, and if I'm not mistaken, Sarge walked out on him or something. Maybe HTQ can fill us in on the whole story if he sees this.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Shawn Michaels.

I didn't catch any of Slaughter's peak years, but I doubt they'd be able to top most of what Shawn did during his single years.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Damn, does Sarge's run with GI Joe count?

He was in the AWA at the time. Vince and Slaughter weren't on good terms around that time, I think over licensing rights, and if I'm not mistaken, Sarge walked out on him or something. Maybe HTQ can fill us in on the whole story if he sees this.
The Sarge was trying to get some sort of union together, Vince caught wind of it, and that was all she wrote for Sarge and he got fired.

Shawn

Guest teke184

No-brainer here... Shawn Michaels.

Shawn had a run from 1988 to 1998 that was, at times, brilliant and he carried the ball for the company for about a year and a half in there.

No amount of his personal baggage can help Sarge pass him up.